Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take care of one problem and another....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 08:20 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

If you fail the first trigger finger injection, there is no benefit to 2 more, get out the scalpel!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
They installed the radiators didn't they?, should have seen missing hardware then. Nice they didn't charge all the same. Edit I believe you may have the radiators done while away from home?
The radiators were replaced at the Springfield MO Porsche dealer early in January of 2015.

Apparently the bolts were left loose then or worked loose since then.

The missing hardware went missing then too. I was reluctant to have the car done at this dealer since it is a small dealer and doesn't see that many Turbos, but I had no choice. The nearest dealer in KC MO was over 150 miles away (and in my experience is booked solid and I could have faced a long delay in getting the car fixed) and the one in Wichita KS was that far or farther away and that would have been some tow bill. The Wichita dealer fixed my Boxster's radiator when I busted it hitting some road debris. The dealer did a nice job and there has been no issues from the repair and that was around 10 years ago.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well at least its right now and it didn't cost you.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
If you fail the first trigger finger injection, there is no benefit to 2 more, get out the scalpel!
The doctor was pretty insistent on giving the injections a try before surgery.

This time though I might argue with what we went through with the right thumb if the 1st injection doesn't cure the problem with the left thumb we should move right to surgery vs. doing two more series of shots.

However, it might have been the insurance company pushing for shots vs. surgery since surgery is pretty expensive. It is done as an out patient operation with just some local at the thumb but it is done in a surgery center not in the doctor's office. The nearest surgery center is not in "network" but it agreed before hand to accept my insurance company's payment for the use of its facilities.

Quick Reply: Take care of one problem and another....