Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, at least it is not another leak...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 PM
jpflip
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 146 Posts

Macster, just found Sonnen is selling it for $615.49. I am ordering parts from this place since 2008 and I'm located in Montreal Canada. I order on monday and got it every single time on thursday or friday….

https://sonnenporscheoemparts.com/pa...&siteid=215405
Old 07-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Thanks for that.

I think I'd get the same price from my local dealer. For instance, I got an approx. 25% discount off the front air dam. Come Monday I'll get a hard quote from the parts department.

Earlier today I tried to find this part at a large auto parts supplier that has various suppliers it can call upon and not one supplier even lists the part in its parts list the store uses to order parts.

The guy behind the counter told me I'm probably looking at buying the part -- if I want it new -- from the dealer.

This is what I'm learning towards.

The car is due for front brakes and in less than 1K miles due for an oil/filter service. It wouldn't bother me to have the oil/filter service done early and then run the oil for nearly 6K miles instead of the usual 5K miles. And there is at least one bad bulb on the driver's side and one or two on the passenger side when the passenger side works at all, so I could get the ballast along with the bulbs replaced with no extra labor cost at the same time I get the brakes taken care of and the oil/filter service done.

With new parts I get a 2 year warranty. Plus I would be without the car for not very long which is important to me for I never know when my Dad will have to go to the doctor unexpectedly and if he needs to go with the Turbo in the shop I have to rent a car. This given my already full to the brim work and family responsibilities schedule imposes an extra hardship on me and an extra cost.

While the parts cost is high it is not the most expensive part I've bought for this car -- that "honor" goes to the power steering pump tank and its pressure relief valve. Furthermore, I need this done sooner rather than later. The car is nearly useless to me as I shouldn't drive it with a headlight dark on one side and some bulbs on the other side dark as well and I can't always be sure I can avoid driving in the dark. My usage of the car is not always limited to daylight hours. (In the past month or two I've been out running around from just before dark to sometimes as late (or as early) as 2AM dealing with family medical emergencies.)

Anyhow, thanks again for the link. I'm going to see what the damage would be to get this part and have it replaced at the dealer and at the same time take car of some very worn front brakes and while the car is in the shop have the oil and filter service done.

Quick Reply: Well, at least it is not another leak...