Sunroof panel help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:46 AM
dkasserra
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sunroof panel help

Hello there,
I am replacing my headliner and have found instructions on how to replace the main part, but I am still unsure as to how to remove the sunroof panel for recovering. Can anyone out there help please?
Thank you
Old 02-26-2017, 02:35 AM
longrowe
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a little tricky. Open the sunroof a couple inches, then push the interior panel another inch or so towards the back of the car to disengage it from the mechanism. Close the sunroof and move to the tilt position. Push the interior panel back as far as it will go easily. close the sunroof again. Remove the four torx screws (two per side) to remove the exterior panel. Then you will need to slide interior panel forward so it is a couple inches from being closed. In the front corners, there is a little plastic clip that connects the interior panel to the side flaps. Unclip these and you should be able to disengage the panel from the mechanism completely. Once this is loose, you can twist it and remove the interior panel out through the sunroof.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:36 AM
longrowe
Instructor

pm me with your email address and I can send you a nice PDF of the instructions.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:18 AM
longrowe
Instructor

emails have been sent
Old 02-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks!!!!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:23 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The orange headliner glue is the biggest PITA, sticks to everything.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Chilly_V
AutoX

Originally Posted by longrowe
Its a little tricky. Open the sunroof a couple inches, then push the interior panel another inch or so towards the back of the car to disengage it from the mechanism. Close the sunroof and move to the tilt position. Push the interior panel back as far as it will go easily. close the sunroof again. Remove the four torx screws (two per side) to remove the exterior panel. Then you will need to slide interior panel forward so it is a couple inches from being closed. In the front corners, there is a little plastic clip that connects the interior panel to the side flaps. Unclip these and you should be able to disengage the panel from the mechanism completely. Once this is loose, you can twist it and remove the interior panel out through the sunroof.

Last edited by Chilly_V; 08-16-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: PM not post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:45 AM
longrowe
Instructor

Done
Old 08-16-2018, 04:26 PM
racesx
Instructor

Originally Posted by longrowe
PM sent
Old 10-24-2018, 01:05 AM
drivfour
6th Gear

I have the panel out for dent removal, but now when I move activate the "close" sunrooof button the sunroof mechanism will start to close -ie move forward but stops about half way and reverses. doing this in steps makes no difference. problem is the rear holes to attach panel are inside the headliner. The manual hex key does not work at all- took that apart earlier and it appears turning with the hex key looks like trying to drive a worm gear backwards- anyway mine will not turn.
Any ideas? Thanks

Quick Reply: Sunroof panel help