Sponsored by:

Seeking Advice on Console Touchup

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 12:48 PM
GDI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Advice on Console Touchup

I needed the leg room in my '01 C4 Cab, so last weekend I installed a GT3 Console Delete kit. As I was working the new piece under the front of the center console, I ended up putting a few scratches in the plastic console. This is a "leather seat" interior, and not the full leather, so it looks like this console is standard black painted plastic (not body color).

I have read about the "soft touch" paint, but that would be for the optionally painted consoles right, and not for the base black ? What is the best option for touching this piece up, and where would I go to purchase the paint?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 07:32 PM
GDI
Instructor

Any ideas to help touch up the console?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:53 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I had some free time so did a search for you (post #78 here might help): https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...w-owner-6.html

If you want to RE-cover, this might help: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...t-install.html

Pretty sure there are more if you try searching. Best of luck
Old 01-31-2015, 08:28 PM
GDI
Instructor

Yeah thanks, I had searched and had run into that post - but it is wasn't clear to me if this was the same material on my console. Looking again, it seems this is the same - other than color - and the mentioned dye actually works for for this plastic.

Quick Reply: Seeking Advice on Console Touchup