996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Relocating Heated seat switches??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
pcastator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating Heated seat switches??

I am preparing to install the GT3 Center console delete part. My question is-since my vehicle is a cabriolet-all four window controls are in the console by the parking brake. The heated seat switches will have to be moved elseware since they occupy space below the radio/cd storage area. Any ideas????
Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

rear center console.... need to extend the switches.

or

center console.... use the lower two switches. May need to shuffle the existing switches though.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I think he is saying that in removing the center console for the GT# center console delete he is losing the stock location for the switches, and in a cab the two rear switch positions in the rear console are used for the rear windows unlike a coupe or Boxster where they are blanked off.

Depending on what other functions you have on the upper console on either side of the radio, you may have room there. It would not be to hard to extend the wiring to these locations. On the left side you probably have a PSM switch and on the right side a defroster, a door lock switch and a cat top switch. Are the other two openings on the left side just blanked off?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Oh.... brain fart. So he doesnt have any spares?.... I know those switches are funky, like it has a 3 state, off, lo, and high.... with red and yellow state single LED's. So trying to find an aftermarket will be difficult to find so you can mount it inside the rear glove box. Might need to mount the switches on a custom bracket and mount somewhere.... nice winter project though.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

i guess you are **** outta luck... Now there is a 6 Spots on the Center Console, 2 Spots on the Lower Part Which you are Removie and 4 Spots on the Rear Center Console... You are telling me all 10 are Taken?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
pcastator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what I was thinking-putting the switches on the "upper" console. I just didn't know if the wiring would be long enough. I have the ability to extend if possible.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

take um out and forget about them?

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

On my cab all 12 spots are taken. Left of radio is PSM, Spoiler switch (hack) and OBC switch (hack), right of radio Door locks, rear defroster, Cab top, Bat wings has the two seat heat switches ( and I actually have the bat wing with four switch postions, going to use the other two for front and rear fan switch hack), then the rear console has switches for the front and rear windows (4). Hard to believe but they are all taken (at least 12 now, two for future hack for total of 14).
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharn55
On my cab all 12 spots are taken. Left of radio is PSM, Spoiler switch (hack) and OBC switch (hack), right of radio Door locks, rear defroster, Cab top, Bat wings has the two seat heat switches ( and I actually have the bat wing with four switch postions, going to use the other two for front and rear fan switch hack), then the rear console has switches for the front and rear windows (4). Hard to believe but they are all taken (at least 12 now, two for future hack for total of 14).
I wanna see this Post a Pic

Quick Reply: Relocating Heated seat switches??