Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a Bad 2 YEARS ...and going

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 AM
orangecurry
Three Wheelin'

Received 441 Likes on 301 Posts

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend - RIP.

I'd also like to add my thanks for all of the informed answers over the years (not just on Rennlist) to my technical and historical questions - you have a great depth of knowledge!

If you are able to pop over La Manche for saturday 3rd October, we are hiring Goodwood again for our Porsche-owners Charity event.

There'll be all kinds of stuff going on, and you can have free PAX-rides in any of the cars, and I'm sure there'll be several 993s driven to the limit in the list, mine included. I'm slow, but it means we have time to chat on the way round.....

I think a contingent of 964ers are coming over from Europe, so you might even be able to get a lift to Goodwood with like-minded petrolheads!

Let me know if you can make it, or watch the website for updates in the next few weeks.

Best Wishes!

http://www.club-carrera.eu/
Old 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi George,

Man, i cannot believe I missed this thread - really sorry to see what has happened, it proves you got to enjoy every day because you never know what is coming. Losing a family member or friend is always especially sad and stressful. You have certainly helped myself and the community a lot in the past and I totally appreciated that so thanks again. Keep at it, and you can see the support and respect you have here, so that should help at least a bit.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-16-2015, 03:29 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Guys
thank you all , for each and every thought
Old 07-16-2015, 06:50 PM
appear
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Geo

You were just the third guy to congratulate me on my purchase when I first introduced myself and car in here, and from that point on you offered advice and thoughts in many of the discussions I started or participated in.

You held the TipTronic banner high, and over the years you have been the #1 expert resource for anything from solving gearchange jerkiness to digging up hard to find technical bulletins. I love this forum, but to be honest I could easily manage with just you and Steve W

When my engine rebuild was turning into a REAL nightmare your posts specifically solved what seemed to be an impossible mystery re. oil pressure. If you forgot, check our PM correspondence from 07-31-2012, 10:16 AM. And thanks again for that - my 993S Tip is still going strong today!

I'm so sorry to hear about what you have gone through over the last couple of years, and what a horror to see your gorgeous car in that state! If you're ever in Copenhagen and you feel like taking an ol 993S Tip out for a spin, you can have the keys no problem.... Even if it's in non-dry conditions, because I followed your other advice and changed out the P Zero's - I believe that was the first advice you gave me... something about every time you saw a picture of a 993 squashed into a lightpole or on it's roof there were also a red P Zero sign on the wheels

Best of luck with everything joris!

Last edited by appear; 07-16-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:22 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by appear

Best of luck with everything joris!
Thank you georgie for your kind words
Old 07-19-2015, 08:31 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So sorry to hear of your friend.... Those types of relationships are rare, and so tragic when they end.

I am sure you will be back in a 993 soon enough!

Also that you for your support and help over the years, it have been helpful for me especially and for many on this forum.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

So sorry to see you lost a friend and also your joy and pride, the 993 Hope you get lucky to find another 993 soon, but it's going to be a though one for the right price.

I see the flames got the rear quarter pannels, but that's it all that was burned, besides the seats? Can't be repaired if you buy the car from the insurance company, or I would say the dismantler if I read correctly?

You helped me to discover what I had in my 993tt and what was missing with your helpfull posts of information and sharing the TSB and other Porsche documents in the forum, so THANK YOU! And hope you stay arround here
Old 07-20-2015, 06:39 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Trophy, Diego and the bunch
Old 07-20-2015, 07:08 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

By the way last february 2014 that I was at a roadtrip in europe, I was lucky enough to spot like 3 993's in Paris, how can I have seen such model for being just few days there!? Start the hunt for them!! Here is the only one that I could shot quickly

Best luck!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Terrible news Geolab.

As others have mentioned, your contributions to this forum have added so much value. Anyone who has ever spent time researching technical posts will recognize your name.

I'm sure you will cross path with another 993 eventually.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:34 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

I got a phone call yesterday from a retired heart surgeon, whom I repaired his 993 a few years back, and he invited me to lunch today.
When I arrived to the address he gave me, I got a huge surprise.
My car is now part of a private collection, tribute to German cars.
The majority of the cars are ex-le mans and rally winners.
Owned by a Foundation now, the head manager spoke rarely.
At the end he said " head engineer was surprised of the number of hours that was put on this car by one person !
We thought it would cool to invite you, to see personally that the hours spent, will be on public display." (best translation I could make)

Never mind what he said...it was really WTF to see the car.

Attached Images    
Old 07-25-2015, 11:53 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow George! this is incredible!!

Last edited by EMBPilot; 07-26-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:08 AM
coreseller
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts

Your Signature:

"'97 Carrera S lost"

No Longer.......Congrats.......
Old 07-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bcameron59
Rest assured you have loads of good karma built up that will eventually come back to you in some way.
There you go...!!!

I imagine your friend is looking down at this with a huge smile...
Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Had a Bad 2 YEARS ...and going

Welcome back, brother. We're all here for you.

Quick Reply: Had a Bad 2 YEARS ...and going