993 Forum 1995-1998

Attention San Francisco peeps

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Opo
That will be awesome Paul , as a matter a fact I will be at FD motors Monday morning the reason for my trip to California is because I found a 1990 c2 in Hawaii with 7778 miles , so me and the wife are flying to San Diego Wednesday and picking up the car at the port Thursday , than we will drive to San Francisco and spend the weekend there , from there I'm going to stop Monday at FD motors so the guys can check the car out before I head back to texas we will drive to Vegas and spend a couple of nights there than head to katy after that , it's going to be a adventure for me and the wife plus that car needs to be driven some serious miles looking forward to meeting you Paul
Sounds like a nice trip! What island did you find the car on? I know plenty of P guys on the rock.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:16 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
You are going to be close to Simi Valley on your way to San Francisco, call if you want to make a quick pit stop.
That sounds like a planTony .
Pm me your cell # please .

Originally Posted by Bandit201
Sounds like a nice trip! What island did you find the car on? I know plenty of P guys on the rock.
I found the car in Honolulu , it's a one owner 1990 c2 black/ black with 7778 original miles , the car was purchased March 1990 at ZUBEHOR HAWAII INC in Honolulu
Attached Images       
Old 04-11-2015, 09:22 AM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

so on the wrong coast for all the fun stuff. Nice looking acquisition Rudy.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Chris V
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll join if I'm in town...any chance we can have more pcars show up this time than Rudy owns?
Old 04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow! Gorgeous car! Is this the first 964 in the collection?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
Wow! Gorgeous car! Is this the first 964 in the collection?
Thanks , this will be the 6th 964
Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Rudy,

Out of all of your cars that is one of my favorites!

Simple, elegant and classy.

Enjoy....
Old 04-12-2015, 03:21 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 270 Posts

O...M...G!!! Gorgeous Rudy
Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Paul,
I see you changed your avatar!
Even after Mr. Rossi, at age 36, won the opener in Qatar?!?
Were you really the founder of FD, or was it the names that were the made up part?
Wasn't that awesome! I still proudly use the pic of Rossi and I as my iphone/ipad wallpaper, just thought my 993 was a little more long-term appropriate for our forum.

As for FDM, I was there at the beginning, but for moral support only, Darin and Mark were the founders. My 993 mufflers were the prototypes for Fister Stage I (I run Stage III today ), so it's fun to be a little part of that. I remember installing my factory RS Shift Rod many, many years ago. I was excited to show it to Darin and Mark, they loved the new mechanical, precise feel. After taking a closer look, they knew they could build it, even improve upon the original design, and make it affordable to the 993 community....the rest is 'Golden Rod' history, cheers to FDM
Old 04-13-2015, 02:19 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
Wasn't that awesome! I still proudly use the pic of Rossi and I as my iphone/ipad wallpaper, just thought my 993 was a little more long-term appropriate for our forum.

As for FDM, I was there at the beginning, but for moral support only, Darin and Mark were the founders. My 993 mufflers were the prototypes for Fister Stage I (I run Stage III today ), so it's fun to be a little part of that. I remember installing my factory RS Shift Rod many, many years ago. I was excited to show it to Darin and Mark, they loved the new mechanical, precise feel. After taking a closer look, they knew they could build it, even improve upon the original design, and make it affordable to the 993 community....the rest is 'Golden Rod' history, cheers to FDM
Paul,
Nice little tidbit of history...Thanks for sharing!
Your cousin was on the podium in Austin, TX., yesterday

Beautiful 964 acquisition, Rudy!
I don't know how you get any serious car buying done, with work constantly getting in the way?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:40 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
This is awesome , since I'm not familiar with the area someone needs to set up a time and place and we can go from there
Are you staying in the City (sorry, if you live here, that's generally the accepted name for San Francisco proper)? If so, where abouts?

OR, if you're interested in making a morning of it, maybe meet at Alice's on Skyline for breakfast when it opens at 8:30 and a drive down to Canepa for the open house and car show that's happening on the 25th?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1anm...HSpD0/viewform
Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Are you staying in the City (sorry, if you live here, that's generally the accepted name for San Francisco proper)? If so, where abouts?

OR, if you're interested in making a morning of it, maybe meet at Alice's on Skyline for breakfast when it opens at 8:30 and a drive down to Canepa for the open house and car show that's happening on the 25th?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1anm...HSpD0/viewform
I have to ask the wife where we staying , but this will be awesome and I have never been to Canepa

Btw, the car got loaded today and it should be on the way to San Diego
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
and I have never been to Canepa
Honestly, I'm shocked that you haven't been given a hand-written invitation by Bruce to visit his shop by now. You seem like a great potential customer, when you're ready to move past your 964/993 phase and play with the 959 big boy collectors.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
Honestly, I'm shocked that you haven't been given a hand-written invitation by Bruce to visit his shop by now. You seem like a great potential customer, when you're ready to move past your 964/993 phase and play with the 959 big boy collectors.
Lol, once I find my Riviera Blue wide body the 959 is next for sure
Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I have to ask the wife where we staying , but this will be awesome and I have never been to Canepa

Btw, the car got loaded today and it should be on the way to San Diego
Cool. If you're game for the trip to Alice's / Canepa, it doesn't matter where you're staying. Early on a weekend morning, it's easy to get out of SF, and an approximately 45 minute drive. I started you out at the Fairmont on this map (and the last 15 miles to Alice's is good fun):

And then from Alice's, something like this:

Weird - I can't get the second route to copy correctly - but it's 35 south to 9 to 236 to Empire Grade, to Scott's Valley and Canepa. A route to make you glad to be alive and in a Porsche.

Means the better part of a full day. But a damned good day.

Quick Reply: Attention San Francisco peeps