993 Forum 1995-1998

Becoming a garage queen....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
Mine just say Porsche on them in block lettering...
Oh, so you mean these:

Amazon Amazon

or these...

Amazon.com: 6 x Porsche Brake decals stickers die cut vinyl: Automotive Amazon.com: 6 x Porsche Brake decals stickers die cut vinyl: Automotive

The second link has choice of 5 colours.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:28 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the leads. I need to be careful to get the right size
Old 03-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Donster
Pro

And since we seem to be having a spring Arena Red love fest, here's mine, as photographed by the previous owner. It comes out of hibernation and back on the road next week.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
And since we seem to be having a spring Arena Red love fest, here's mine, as photographed by the previous owner. It comes out of hibernation and back on the road next week.

Not to derail this thread, but MAN that car looks nice! Great photo!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by waydeki
TC is down the road from my place. They do nice work.
Who's doing/did your paint work? I just had my 993 C2 repainted. Very happy with it.
Agreed, TC Wheel does great work. Who did your paint work?

Collision Center in Golden Valley. Goes in Monday.
Please post your experience, I'm thinking of having mine repainted and so far I am considering Sears and Raymond. For clear bra, contact Tommy @ Bravo.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Hoserpilot
Rennlist Member

Gotta love Arena Red...

...even when she's dead. Hopefully my next 993 will be an Arena Red Targa.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 291 Posts

I hope to get some good " before "shots this weekend and take the car in Monday. I have heard good things and they had another 993 getting dolled up when I was there last week. Will definitely report in. Am pretty stoked to see how it turns out - the car is in really great shape- engine so clean you can eat off of it and the interior is awesome so this will really take it to the next level. Should be a fun summer!!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Rickrack
Intermediate

Default Xpel Ultimate clear bra, Unique Car Care

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
looks great, my twin!!! I also have the entire fornt end done in Xpel Ultimate. I highly recommend this stuff. I am not familiar with the 3M stuff but if you get some light scratches from washing etc, once the car sits in the sun, the scratches literally melt away. This stuff is amazing.
Hey Chris,

Rick from Unique Car Care here... Gotta love Xpel Ultimate! Glad to hear the clear bra is holding up well. The self-healing really is amazing. Did you decide to hang onto the car, or are you still trying to sell it?
Old 03-20-2015, 11:31 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rick, I still have my car although every day I still consider listing it for sale. I love it but with values increasing I am losing interest in driving it, I am too worried about it...and staring at it in the garage is nice but it's even nicer to drive. I sent your info to a few people here on RL asking who did my Xpel. And for those in the RI, Mass, CT, NH area who are looking for the best paint correction/ detail in the Northeast, along with the cleanest install of Xpel visit Rick at Unique Car Care. Sorry for going off topic back to regular scheduled programming.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:06 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Default Before Shots

Here's a few of the imperfections I am having taken out- some of these shots aren't great as it's really hard to get some of the detail- No color correction in the photos and the car's not very clean as it just came out of storage and I have the "winter" wheels on it as well. "after" shots to follow next week.
Attached Images     
Old 03-25-2015, 11:09 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Default More Shots

Sorry for the quality- it's really hard to capture the detail. And I suck as a photog!
Attached Images     
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Default Last couple pics

So you can see- not repairing any damage- just improving the paint... the last picture shows some of the hazing that has occurred due to the clear lifting- the whole left side of the car is getting re-shot as is the hood, bumper and a good part of the right fender to ensure a good blend. They are guaranteeing a match - otherwise they will shoot the whole car again. And you can really see how the stone guards on the rear fenders are done.. OEM stone guards.
Attached Images    
Old 03-27-2015, 03:17 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Car was delivered for paint work today- "after" pics should be available next Friday!!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Car was delivered for paint work today- "after" pics should be available next Friday!!
Those are some respectable scrapes to the lower front bumper. Now that you're getting her all cleaned up, might be a good time to add Gert's Front Protection Bar. http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...Protection-Bar
Old 03-27-2015, 04:39 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

That's the plan man. The people I bought the car from had a steep drive way and the front as well as the wide ovals on the rear were scratched pretty good. I have added a couple scratches to the front, but most were with the car- so they're getting dealt with. The only thing about the FTB is their website BLOWS! you can't buy anything. I did e mail for directions tho.

Quick Reply: Becoming a garage queen....