Sponsored by:

Before & After ~ Summer Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 204 Posts

I saw your car at Parade, didn't know it was you. Nice work!!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Vince,

Nicely done!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Great work, and a stunning result!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:21 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Vince, your car looks great and you have done a lot of upgrades. It was nice see you again and meeting your family at the Parade. John
Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 AM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car looks amazing! But, even more impressive to me is the extent of mods you took on and completed in several months. That is just too impressive. I think of the learning curve for me in gutting an interior (and, harder, putting it back together), plus suspension. Just, wow! Very nice.

BTW, why did you give up on spray gun? I found it is smoother than brushing. Did you try an air brush?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:39 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

The car came out so PERFECT! I love everything about it! The stance, the interior, the wheels...So sick. I was drooing over the Parade pics you posted on FB a while back ~ I can't believe the transformation. <jawdrop>

I will PM you for advice/tips on the carpet swap! I'm planning to do mine over the winter.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@coltj thank you the wheels certainly did quite a bit of damage to my wallet, but I believe it is well worth it.

@ 996scott here they are

@TouringTeg She has 163k miles. Pretty sure this is it is still young by 993 engine standard right? don't we have a fellow RLer with 300k+ ?

@e3photo if it wasn't already a high mileage car, I'm sure a lot of purist would rather keep it stock. it could be tucked away into some collectors garage in its initial form, but I'd rather drive it and bring out all of its potential.

@Ed Hughes Oh Ed, we all know the slippery slope well ... whats next you ask? haha some mufflers ssk golden rod ... the list goes on and on and on ( and the bills follow :| ) :P At first I question myself if I can pull this off, but thanks to ze internets, if others can do it, I can at least try. Turns out that, not only is it a satisfying/rewarding experience, it is also good to know a little more about how these machine actually works and therefore helps me become a better safer driver on the road.

@ilko thanks ilko. someday if I enter any other concours, i'll be more ready. When they were judging my car, when one of the judges opened the glovebox, I was like doh .... forgot to peel off the masking tape from dyeing the lower dash. haha ...

@Kika Keith! thanks, hope to bump into you in socal again some time

@goofballdeluxe thanks, it wasn't all about the result though. I think the process was just as important to me as the result

@C4SJOHN Thank John. I'll be back in socal soon, maybe we'll see again

@600RR the spray gun worked well to cover large area quick, but that included everywhere else around the piece I was spraying. Maybe it was just the cheapo harbor freight electric spray gun I was messing around with, because I didn't want to invest on an air compressor and some legit spray gun / airsoft for something that I'm not sure if it would work. I've heard people have had good results with airbrush. But all in all, I think the spray method waste a lot of dye as it just sorta goes into the air and the brush actually pushes the dye into cracks much better.

@boman993 after all this, I would say I'm still far from being an expert on this but you are still welcome to ask me any question about the carpet swap haha. word of advice , in the meantime , in preparation for the carpet swap, get buff and maybe take some yoga class to become ultra flexible first, it helps you'll have fun with the carpet for sure
Old 08-19-2014, 02:10 AM
Halcyon
Racer

here are the interior photos you've all been patiently waiting for sorry, had to wait till the sun goes down before I could take this without weird shadows and glare.
Attached Images     
Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Impressive. I plan on doing something similar but with recovering in red leather. This will definitely serve as inspiration.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Halcyon
Racer

Here's a side by side comparison of before and after
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 AM
smq42
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993
The car came out so PERFECT! I love everything about it! The stance, the interior, the wheels...So sick. I was drooing over the Parade pics you posted on FB a while back ~ I can't believe the transformation. <jawdrop> I will PM you for advice/tips on the carpet swap! I'm planning to do mine over the winter. .
Rather than PMs only, I'd love it if you did a DIY thread on this and document your experience with pictures at each stage along w advice from OP and others. No doubt many RL'ers would find this useful and inspiring.

I'm also hoping to do a carpet swap someday. . .
Old 08-19-2014, 05:02 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Well done!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:10 AM
doc_porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, gorgeous
Old 08-19-2014, 10:46 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 406 Posts

Wow, I love that interior. I wish I had the guts to do that to mine.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:46 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

WOW! That's an incredible amount of mods in a matter of weeks. Everything looks like they were done by a pro

Looking at the side by side pics make me want to do something to my boring Blk/Grey interior, too.

Simply gorgeous

Quick Reply: Before & After ~ Summer Transformation