Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before & After ~ Summer Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 471 Likes on 310 Posts

Did you recondition the seats or are they brand new? Looks really good- well done!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 AM
hennabav
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! And great job doing it!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Grapeape
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Fantastic results, that red interior really pops more interior pics please. I like the late night pic; looks somewhat ghostly.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the second pic of the wheels, mounts, walrods, ducts, lens, & suspension. That's what you wanna find under the Christmas tree. Great job
P.S. Where's the rooftop that you practice your drifting on? :-)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That turned out great! You did a ton of work in a short amount of time. as mentioned above more interior pictures when you get a chance.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:26 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you get to roll on the track? Great Job of restoration!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Nicely done, beautiful color combo! In the pics your interior really looks like Boxster red vs flamenco red.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight
Nicely done, beautiful color combo! In the pics your interior really looks like Boxster red vs flamenco red.
Having seen it at Parade, it is definitely Flamenco. OP definitely had me fooled. I thought it was a factory original interior when I saw it, but I didn't check the options sticker under the hood to be certain
Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM
9mark11
Advanced

Nice work! Car looks awesome. Just got back from Monterey, also. I believe I have a photo of your car!

Mark
Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Halcyon
Racer

@smq42 : thanks I'll get more shots of the interior as soon as lighting allows. It is impossible to photograph interior in bright daylight with the sun. The new carpet is from Bob @ appbiz ( no affiliation yadadyaydayda). Its listed as a set for 964 but I was confirmed on the phone that it fits 993 too. The sliverknit is suppose to resemble the OEM carpetting, while they also offer "US spec pile " or something like that which is thinner. I went with sliverknit and am happy with it. Not too sure which OEM interior bits you are referring to as I didn't buy a single piece of extra interior panel. All i did was recover them in new carpet/ painted it red. All the vinyl/leather panels, I used a product called Leatherique ( again, no affiliation, just a satisfied customer) , I bought some red dye specified to resemble flamenco red ( they don't have a sample to go off of, so I told them to get it somewhere between carrera red and lobster red that they have listed on their website haha) and also got some black dye. At first I used a cheap harbor freight spray gun, but then I switched to using brush completely. It takes a while to do multiple coats as you have to let it dry after each coat, and you have to do like 4-6 coats. It remains sticky for a good couple weeks and actually peels off easily. I had to use tons of leather conditioner/protectant spray to buff it less sticky. But weeks later by now, it cures completely and is smooth and non sticky and barely noticeable that it is brushed-on. All in all, it cost about a grand in material and countless hours of labor ( but I don't think you can actually call it labor as I find it a rather enjoyable experience to go through)

@ble2011 :thanks the red sure freshened it up

@jg291446 : thankies

@EMBPilot A lift! I could totally have used a lift as it would've made changing the lower valve cover gasket easier.... ahahhahaha someday....

@Eurotrio thanks

@swmic a lot of work indeed, but twas fun. thanks

@nr1416 more pics coming right up once I find decent lighting

@Pags993 thanks ^_^ I think that pic is only stunning BECAUSE of the 2 speedsters , not my chase.

@NESTO yeep.... a giant garage with a lift wouldve been better, but I work with what I have

@Magdaddy thanks. I was aiming for flamenco red without having seen flamenco red in person. I believe boxster red is actually slightly darker brown than flamenco. Marvel comic? Yeah, but I don't exactly want a talking raccoon and a tree as partners o.o

@phoneyman thanks . esco is the only way to go for sure.

@pirahna me too! much better than grey right? thanks

@Tony_KB yep, those are RH 3.6 Speedlines. I think the 3 pieces wheel style works great on our 993s and make them a bit more aggressive looking.

@luckyJ I roam between north and south haha. It was quite a lot to DIY, but it was definitely a valuable learning experience.

@PRSWILL They weren't too bad when we bought the car. We took the seat out and just dyed them without reconditioning it.

@hennabav thank you ^^

@Grapeape red sure pops more than grey hehe that late night photo, I had a LED flood light in the car and as I walked around the back, the 993 was like holding up a flashlight to its face acting like a ghost o.o

@OverBoosted28 hehe early christmas this year. it was actually a sears parking structure top. It was completely empty except a cop was chilling in the corner ...

@ECS Tuning thanks . more pics coming right up

@promocop It was one of the events of the week-long Porsche Parade in Monterey where a few hundred Porsches gathered and rolled around the track.

@Knight yeah.... boxster red flamenco red lobster red carrera red... I actually haven't seen most of them in person, but whatever this is, it turned out the red I wanted and it mostly resembles the photos of flamenco red i've seen online so yeap , flamenco red it is

@Spyder_Man thanks for the confirmation it is satisfying to know that I managed to get it close enough to factory original
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 PM
coltj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very impressive. Nice job. The wheels are great and LOVE the night photo (14th photo).
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 133 Posts

Wow, what a transformation. love to see more interior pictures. Great job.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic work. Love the RH wheels. Maybe I missed it but how many miles are on the car?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:22 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent job sir! Nothing better than seeing new life given to an old car,and I think it is great that you did it the way you wanted it.
Kudos.

Emerald
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way-but I saw your thread on the C2 motor mounts, and you didn't strike me as the type who would work on their car, for some reason.

It's quite impressive that you took this project on, and jumped into it head first. Both the interior and the suspension by themselves are not exactly quick projects. Well done!

Now, you have a tip and a 6 spd. I would've loved a tip on the way home from Monterey last Saturday...

Now, a warning about how expensive all those tools you're going to want, are going the be...

Quick Reply: Before & After ~ Summer Transformation