Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

C2S FS

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Sterling911
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look folks we have another sheep among us LOLOL I believe everything I read on the internet??? You Mike are as bad if not worse than the person who started this thread. I looked at your links super sleuth. 2 years ago 1 unhappy customer who happened to own a mechanics shop and inspected the car himself before he bought it LOL and even admits at the end he's wrong. Great job Sherlock LOL Dang I say it again Go drive your Porsche if you even own one, get a girlfriend, Get a life! What is it with you people? Did they cancel your soap opera?
Sterling
Old 06-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Sterling911
8th Gear

Seriously, I just have to say it....Do you have nothing better to do with your day than research some guys web presence??? Man get a job and quit stalking people LOL While your at it how about you go on Pelican and see all the nice cars he has sold? jealous much???? Cause I cannot figure any other reason you'd be so concerned? Why would you drag someone's name through the mud like that?? Did you get bullied in school???? WAAAAAAAAA
Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling911
Look folks we have another sheep among us LOLOL I believe everything I read on the internet??? You Mike are as bad if not worse than the person who started this thread. I looked at your links super sleuth. 2 years ago 1 unhappy customer who happened to own a mechanics shop and inspected the car himself before he bought it LOL and even admits at the end he's wrong. Great job Sherlock LOL Dang I say it again Go drive your Porsche if you even own one, get a girlfriend, Get a life! What is it with you people? Did they cancel your soap opera?
Sterling
Seriously, I just have to say it....Do you have nothing better to do with your day than research some guys web presence??? Man get a job and quit stalking people LOL While your at it how about you go on Pelican and see all the nice cars he has sold? jealous much???? Cause I cannot figure any other reason you'd be so concerned? Why would you drag someone's name through the mud like that?? Did you get bullied in school???? WAAAAAAAAA
Who's Mike?

If you think this is helping your position, I have news for you: it isn't.

Dang.

LOLOL.

WAAAAAA.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Also, why haven't we heard from Eric Sheets? Love to hear his side of the story.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Sterling911
8th Gear

LOL That is funny I guess who you are doesn't matter it is the fact that your spending your days stalking people and furthering a story from some crazy person who BTW never bought a car or has even seen any of this guys cars. Get a life
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 AM
eeterp
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sterling
Old 06-19-2013, 12:25 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by inkatouring
Calling a used car dealer out for representing a car that has been hit as pristine is like calling out a hooker for telling you she's a virgin. Yeah, it's untrue but anyone fooled by it is already a fool.

That said, it's a good thing to point out the car has been hit. Thanks for that.
Well said. Thanks for letting us know in case anyone here is looking at it. If OP wants to call the dealer and let them know it was damaged, do so.

However, they ain't gonna do sht, especially if it was fixed right and no frame damage. If the Carfax is clean it's plausible deniability for them. Carfax is all that matters. Even if someone gets a PPI it's possible it will get missed....
Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Also, why haven't we heard from Eric Sheets? Love to hear his side of the story.
Wait, you mean Sterling isn't Eric Sheets?!?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Pretty sure if we hear from Eric Sheets, this may be cleared up.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Wow! I heard about this so decided I would look for myself.
I think a lot of people have missed the Entire point here. Desticado called on the same car Eric Sheets had the ***** to buy without hesitation.
So not performing "due diligence" is what makes one "have *****"? That's funny!

Eric Sheets response to him was professional and instead of calling as he offered Desticado decides to take it upon himself to smear this guys name??? What a sniveling little Bitch you are. ....Yes I do own a Porsche and Yes I have met Eric Sheets and seen the quality of cars he has. Without dealers to sort them out who would have the nerve to buy one?? Not Desticado that's for sure.
You do realize that I got all my information about this car from the original owner and his mechanic -- not Eric Sheets right buddy? ...and that this thread was started prior to me receiving Sheet's ambiguous response> My question to Eric Sheets was why he was selling the car without disclosing the damage I already knew of. I was never going to purchase the car from Eric Sheets - I had the opportunity to purchase from the original owner.

Oh and if anyones 1 owner low mileage pristine car gets a scrape in a parking lot I would be happy to buy it for 10k less than market value from those of you who seem to think it devalues it that much
It was described to me as a lady driving into it -- not a "scrape." The repair was done at Import Coachworks and the original owner had the receipt. Eric Sheets using a paint-meter to verify no accidents seems pretty laughable -- why didn't he just contact the guy he purchased the car from and ask directly?

Further, his response to my querying the accident of, "if you are a serious buyer as stated in the ad: "Please call with questions prior to bidding". I always disclose any material defects and welcome prospective buyers to call and discuss details of all my cars" seems to imply he knows something about something.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
In the light of some new information that I received from Mr. Sheets, specifically paint meter findings ("all within the factory's range") , a better description of the damage on the car, "scratch or a scuff not sure what I would call it on the underside of the bumper", I will edit the thread's title to something neutral.

He also told me that he bought it "in under 20 minutes from the original owner".

Assuming that the information received from Mr. Sheets is accurate, this isn't a damaged car in my book.

This is one of the reasons that Rennlist is a great community. We do maintain an open forum without censorship but, at the same time, take responsibility for our actions.

Best to all,

John
Unless 3rd party paintwork is "within the factories range". It's bull**** -- whether intentional or not.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I meant to respond to this thread this weekend to discuss the possibility that Eric Sheets had used a paint gauge meter on the fender, assuming that the work had been done well enough to remove all of the existing paint so that all of the paint fell into factory specs. However, I got busy with other stuff and didn't have time. After reading ripoffreport.com, the BBB and Rennlist (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-...in-oregon.html), the latter of the two which may be related, I'm not so sure about Eric Sheets. FYI, there's a thread on Pelican that, frankly, I have not had the time to fully read. Eric Sheets has said that the paint "is all within the factory's range", but is there any impartial proof of that claim other than an assertion?

I'm all for objectivity and fairness in all of life, including Rennlist, but I now think the jury is out on this one. My $0.02.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. How many people here have had issues with Darin Fister/Mark DiPietro, Steve Weiner, Gert, et al.? Wonder why the issues with them are so scarce?
I too have received newer and contradicting information that the car has indeed been painted in a spot or two after all. But, again, I can't be sure. That's why I reopened the thread and asked Mr. Sheets to post here directly and not by proxy.

I've also sent a message to the original owner. I think that he can cut this Gordian knot with a single post, if of course he wants to.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

If you think this is helping your position, I have news for you: it isn't.

+1.

The way you respond to feedback/criticism Mr. Sheets ( Sterling) is on the same level as my 3 year old son.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eric-s...y-hidde-788006

In this day and age of social media, careers are made and broken overnight. Yours on account of this thread is tumbling down real fast.

I would suggest some professional education on responding in public on the sometimes unavoidable customer concern. Your fault or not does not matter. How you recover the situation in public does.

Good luck to you;
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

I don't know Eric Sheets from John Smith. I saw the car on the same forum I originally discovered it -- eBayMotors -- and realized it was the exact same damaged car I had attempted to purchase previously and backed away from once I discovered the previous damage...

... the original owner seemed like a genuine good older gentleman and even with a minor parking lot accident repaired correctly -- @ $52.9k it was hard to argue the car was a bad deal - it just wasn't what I wanted once I found out... @ $65k for a low options 97' 2S we're now talking absolute top dollar and if I was looking at buying that car -- would definitely want to know beforehand...

Last edited by destaccado; 06-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: C2S FS