Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C2S FS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the big deal about a fender bender? OK it was repaired and now is for sale as a pristine 993, so again, what's the big deal? You cannot fault the dealer for not disclosing any accident data he may not have or was not aware of, and yes the OP made him aware of the accident. But the big question is: "Why should the dealer believe the OP? Would you jeopardize your business and lively hood by disclosing the P-car was in an accident when there's no proof? Why believe the OP when CarFax and other reporting agencies do not have any accident records. I'm sure the previous owner did not disclose such info when he sold the car. Why did the OP believe the original owner's mechanic? Maybe the original owner had a falling out with his mechanic. This is tail chase we can go on and on about this.

As to the price hike this America where capitalism and free trade live, it's part of doing business. A dealer can ask a million dollars for a 993, you and I wont pay that amount, but it's his perogative to ask for any $$ amount. It's up to the potential buyer to do his or her due diligence to determine car history and a fair purchase price, a good PPI shop should be able to reveal whether this vehicle had any body repairs, etc.
Enough said.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PCarrera993mg
What's the big deal about a fender bender? OK it was repaired and now is for sale as a pristine 993, so again, what's the big deal? You cannot fault the dealer for not disclosing any accident data he may not have or was not aware of, and yes the OP made him aware of the accident. But the big question is: "Why should the dealer believe the OP? Would you jeopardize your business and lively hood by disclosing the P-car was in an accident when there's no proof? Why believe the OP when CarFax and other reporting agencies do not have any accident records. I'm sure the previous owner did not disclose such info when he sold the car. Why did the OP believe the original owner's mechanic? Maybe the original owner had a falling out with his mechanic. This is tail chase we can go on and on about this.

As to the price hike this America where capitalism and free trade live, it's part of doing business. A dealer can ask a million dollars for a 993, you and I wont pay that amount, but it's his perogative to ask for any $$ amount. It's up to the potential buyer to do his or her due diligence to determine car history and a fair purchase price, a good PPI shop should be able to reveal whether this vehicle had any body repairs, etc.
Enough said.
Good grief. Go whine somewhere else. If the information isn't of any use to you than click on one of the 10,000,000 others on the internet and move on.

The original owner's mechanic mentioned the damage as in his own words "in the interest of being impartial - I need to mention 'X'" -- displaying a level of honesty we could all strive toward. The owner admitted to the damage afterward so all you're doing is spreading conjecture and talking out your a$$.

Do you have some sort of previous relationship with ESI? ...because you sure seem to be doing everything you can to cover for them while at the same time blaming prospective purchasers for not finding out about undisclosed damage on their own...
Old 06-16-2013, 03:16 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Nice attitude!! No relation with ESI, but you mr. anonymous are off on a tangent ... You might benefit from some anger management... so go fly a kite along with ESI. Enough of your lip.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:18 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

One more thing, did you forget to take your ZOLOFT today?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:23 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Look we get it -- no doubt if you were buying this "pristine" car the damage wouldn't bother you at all. Since you chose to pay for your membership 6-months into discovering this website you're better than everyone else and I'll just bow to your superior intellect!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

I see nothing wrong with what the dealer is doing. The car is presented with the vin and the Carfax- it is up to the buyer to decide if he wants to PPI it or inspect it for previous paintwork.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Over the years I've made mental notes of a few idiosyncrasies of RL.

When buying a 993:

1. Everyone wants a perfect untouched car.
2. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car.
3. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only.
4. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax.
5. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it.
6. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork.
7. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork and perfect leak down results.
8. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork and perfect leak down results and awesome PPI results.

When selling their 993:

1. Forget numbers 1-12.
2. Carfax sucks, they lie.
3. All 993's leak oil.
4. They never came with the engine tray.
5. Paintwork does not affect value.
6. Mods are your friend.

Ok I'm done...

By the way I'm looking for a 1995 993 6 speed 2wd with under 60K miles on it. FSH is a must as are 1-12. Colors considered are all whites, silvers, etc. I prefer beige or black interior but that's semi flexible. Hardbacks are not really necessary because they are not supportive and cause unwanted 993 envy.

Seriously, PM me if you know of a car that matches my manifesto...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:12 PM
si2t3m
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11

When buying a 993:

4. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax.
5. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it.
6. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork.
7. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork and perfect leak down results.
8. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork and perfect leak down results and awesome PPI results.

When selling their 993:

1. Forget numbers 1-12.
2. Carfax sucks, they lie.
3. All 993's leak oil.
4. They never came with the engine tray.
5. Paintwork does not affect value.
6. Mods are your friend.

Ok I'm done...

By the way I'm looking for a 1995 993 6 speed 2wd with under 60K miles on it. FSH is a must as are 1-12. Colors considered are all whites, silvers, etc. I prefer beige or black interior but that's semi flexible. Hardbacks are not really necessary because they are not supportive and cause unwanted 993 envy.

Seriously, PM me if you know of a car that matches my manifesto...
AMEN!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:12 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Boy this thread and really poked some raw nerves

Happy Fathers Day, all you mothers
Old 06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Boy this thread and really poked some raw nerves

Happy Fathers Day, all you mothers
Old 06-16-2013, 05:31 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11

When buying a 993:

Add:

9. Everyone wants a perfect untouched stock car in a specific color only with a perfect Carfax and 12 miles on it with no paintwork and perfect leak down results and awesome PPI results for under $10K.

(Which is why I'd pretty much rather drive either of mine over a cliff or into a wall, rather than sell them in today's world. Cuz you know that if the sales price were ~$10K, some clown would hold me at fault for there being even a rock chip.)
Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The car has been represented as a Perfect car with orginal paint ... clearly it is not

Finished in Stunning Original Black exterior with Black leather interior. One meticulous owner from new. 36,400 original miles. Just as it came from the factory with no modifications or ad ons. Stock right down to the CR-210 radio. Never smoked in. Comes complete with books and service records,both keys, tool kit,air compressor,spare which has never been down as well as a copy of the original window sticker. The low mileage coupled with the meticulous care and documentation makes this a truly great find.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:40 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
The car has been represented as a Perfect car with orginal paint ... clearly it is not
Yeah, that salient point has been lost amongst the froth.

What kind of oil is best for our cars? And should I run with/without an engine tray?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Sagres74
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Carfax means little. Can easily be in a wreck without it showing up on Carfax.
Carfax = GIGO = Garbage in, garbage out.

In my limited research, Carfax is nothing more than a company that recruits dealerships/shops to enter your car data into their system. They also scour public records for registrations & changes to ownership. So, if a non-participant dealer/shop does work on a car, Carfax will never know about it. Even worse/better (depending on how you look at it), if a DYIer does the work you'll def never see it.

Case in point, before selling my 328xi last year, I ran a Carfax for the sale. The report failed to show the $4K fender-bender my wife go into that required a new hood, front and rear bumpers and a number of other miscellaneous parts. Full disclosure made to the new owner by me.

Although nice to check, don't trust the hype... reason for the various class actions against the company.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:45 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

My 1997 993TT that I bought and sold via RL with under 26K in and under 30K out had a Carfax that reported an engine replacement. Was the engine replaced? Uhhhh no... but I did have a stack (at least 10 pages, no $hit) of paper work from a Porsche dealer for a complete engine out, reseal at 20K miles. So was the engine replaced? Carfax is awesome..
Oh yeah, they failed to report that the front and rear bumpers had been repainted for rock chips at the previous owners expense... And now the new owner repainted the entire car with a color change. What will that do for item number 6 on the JDHertz manifesto?

Quick Reply: C2S FS