Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Nickelrev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah asking 48,000
Old 09-20-2014, 01:35 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Seems a bit on the high side. If it is the car you want, though, it might be worth it to you.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:21 AM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi Bzabodyn -

Clear title!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:22 AM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bzabodyn
Beautiful C4s and great deal! Clear title or rebuilt?

BZ
Clear Title!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2014, 02:33 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello. Anybody come across a nice black 97-98 C2S or C4S recently? I miss mine.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased in August 2014

purchase price (in USD please)$45,000 CDN = approx. $41,500 USD
purchase date August 2014
mileage 56,8xx
state or country where purchased Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Model year 1996
C2 or C4 C2
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color Arena Red w Cashmere interior
tip or manual Manual
NA or turbo NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: car cover
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private (Rennlister)
How many previous owners? 2
Accident history: yes/no?? yes
Please list any factory installed options
Please list any modifications M033 springs, Koni FSD shocks, clear corners, front bumperette delete, Xenon headlights

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...era-coupe.html
Old 10-11-2014, 11:51 AM
mbean
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1995 C4 Purchase Price

purchase price (in USD please) - $36,900
purchase date - July 2013
mileage - 72,000
state or country where purchased - Maine. Car came up from Florida.
Model year - 1995
C2 or C4- C4
Coupe, targa or cab - Coupe
color - Polar Arctic Silver Metallic
tip or manual - 6 speed manual
NA or turbo - NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car - H&R springs, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth radio for the iPod.
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8; dealer stamps for 30,000 and 60,000 mile services
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8+
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? - Independent Dealer
How many previous owners? - 2
Accident history: yes/no?? - 1 very minor. Clear title.
Please list any factory installed options - Special Chassis Rigidly Tuned (M030), black leather (red inserts) Sports seats, Hi-Fi sound with 6 disc CD package, rear seat delete, Carerra delete, on board computer, Porsche Cellular phone, aluminum/leather shifter/brake lever, open console, deviating seat stitch color, leather interior, polar silver metallic.
Please list any modifications - New Koni HD shocks

PPI indicated great maintenance. Leak down test less than 2% all cylinders. Minor oil leaks (valve covers, etc) and spoiler switches taken care of by dealer, Ayer European Auto, who were great to deal with! No oil drips at all and engine uses less than 1 quart/3000 miles. Corner balanced and aligned (again) when new Konis were installed and car was lowered. Car drove great be we wanted to do DE so we replaced bushings and control arms, etc. Car came with new tires but after Louden and Watkins Glen it needs new rears! I waited 50 years for this car, so our plate reads "Endlich", which is German for "finally". A blast to drive and we always get great comments. We may get a track car but this car is forever.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:26 PM
mbean
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1995 C4 Purchase Price

The shocks are Bilstein HD, not Konis!

Originally Posted by mbean
mileage - 72,000
Model year - 1995
C2 or C4- C4
NA or turbo - NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car - H&R springs, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth radio for the iPod.
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 8; dealer stamps for 30,000 and 60,000 mile services
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
Please list any factory installed options - Special Chassis Rigidly Tuned (M030), black leather (red inserts) Sports seats, Hi-Fi sound with 6 disc CD package, rear seat delete, Carerra delete, on board computer, Porsche Cellular phone, aluminum/leather shifter/brake lever, open console, deviating seat stitch color, leather interior, polar silver metallic.
Please list any modifications - New Bilstein HD shocks this summer

PPI indicated great maintenance. Leak down test less than 2% all cylinders. Minor oil leaks (valve covers, etc) and spoiler switches taken care of by dealer, Ayer European Auto, who were great to deal with! No oil drips at all and engine uses less than 1 quart/3000 miles. Corner balanced and aligned (again) when new Konis were installed and car was lowered. Car drove great be we wanted to do DE so we replaced bushings and control arms, etc. Car came with new tires but after Louden and Watkins Glen it needs new rears! I waited 50 years for this car, so our plate reads "Endlich", which is German for "finally". A blast to drive and we always get great comments. We may get a track car but this car is forever.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by mbean
mileage - 72,000
Model year - 1995
C2 or C4- C4
NA or turbo - NA
Please list any modifications - New Koni HD shocks

Sounds like a great deal! Where are the pictures?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:44 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts
Default 993 C4S market

I am posting this in a second thread (still getting the hang of this). Hey everyone, first posting for me. I have owned my 911SC for 15 years and am looking to get a 'new' air cooled Porsche (keeping my SC - cannot ever sell it!). The 993 is my focus right now. I have questions that I was hoping folks could provide their thoughts:

1) I saw the comments that the C2S is higher valued than the C4S. From what I have read, the C4S has the turbo suspension and brakes, where C2S only has the turbo body and spacers were used to fill the rear end. Thoughts?

2) I wanted to get thoughts on the market for the C4S. Looking at one now - here is a description:
51,000 miles with partial history, clean carfax although paintwork done to passenger door (identified by paint meter) done at high standard, well optioned, aftermarket tail and lowered using KW coilovers, no longer has the color matched wheels identified by option code. The car is in great condition, but big negatives for these two mods and wheels, as I would want to return the car to stock. Price is $65K.

Appreciate thoughts....
Old 11-07-2014, 06:42 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by myflat6
I am posting this in a second thread (still getting the hang of this). Hey everyone, first posting for me. I have owned my 911SC for 15 years and am looking to get a 'new' air cooled Porsche (keeping my SC - cannot ever sell it!). The 993 is my focus right now. I have questions that I was hoping folks could provide their thoughts:

1) I saw the comments that the C2S is higher valued than the C4S. From what I have read, the C4S has the turbo suspension and brakes, where C2S only has the turbo body and spacers were used to fill the rear end. Thoughts?

2) I wanted to get thoughts on the market for the C4S. Looking at one now - here is a description:
51,000 miles with partial history, clean carfax although paintwork done to passenger door (identified by paint meter) done at high standard, well optioned, aftermarket tail and lowered using KW coilovers, no longer has the color matched wheels identified by option code. The car is in great condition, but big negatives for these two mods and wheels, as I would want to return the car to stock. Price is $65K.

Appreciate thoughts....
With regards to the C2S vs. C4S, your description is accurate. As such, the C4S is often called a "Turbo without the Turbo." Both widebody variants (C2S & C4S) come at a premium over narrow body 993s, but to some guys out there, AWD is blasphemous to the 911 experience, and hence the market is slightly stronger for the C2S than it is for the C4S. The C4S may be a few tenths slower around a circuit, if that's important to you.

The flip side (the one I subscribe to) is that the only time AWD is ever going to be noticeable in street driving is during a time you may actually need it. And the "big reds" are spectacular.

For today's market, that sounds like a fair price for the C4S. The suspension (assuming it was done well) should really be considered a plus. I have a 30k mile C4S on stock suspension and I know the day will come soon that I have to upgrade (stock suspension on these cars was not great, and mine may be the only example I've encountered that is still on stock suspension that isn't totally shot). Virtually ever 993 owner you'll encounter has upgraded the suspension, and almost never with OEM parts. I wouldn't worry about the color matched wheels either, personally. I too value the "stock" look, and I stick with the OEM Technology Wheels on my C4S (same appearance as the Twist Wheels that came standard on the C4S, minus a few pounds due to hollow spokes). The only question mark I see is the paintwork. I would try to ensure that the body is fine and that the car wasn't smacked up too badly. Obviously you want to make sure that the paintwork is satisfactory, too.

EDIT: As a final note, remember that you're in the market for a (relatively) low production, 20 year old car. It's unlikely you'll find a perfect example. It's really about what type of compromises you're willing to make at the price point. If the "compromises" on the vehicle you're scouting are wheels, a wing (that can probably be reversed), and upgraded suspension, I'd say you're wayyyyyyyyy ahead. The reality is that these cars are selling like hot cakes at the moment, and if you like this example, I wouldn't let it slip through the cracks for the above reasons. Price seems fair enough, too.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:00 PM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

993 C4S with 31.000 km, pastel yellow and hardbacks for just under 140 K.... Euro's.... equals 174.000 USD....

Crazy even by European standards:

http://occasions.porschecentrumgelde...conpag=p000109
Old 11-08-2014, 05:21 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. or $198 CDN Sunroof delete very nice.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by P-track
993 C4S with 31.000 km, pastel yellow and hardbacks for just under 140 K.... Euro's.... equals 174.000 USD....

Crazy even by European standards:

http://occasions.porschecentrumgelde...conpag=p000109
Wow and that is a serious asking price!

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold