Eagle Mid-Rise Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle Mid-Rise Lift

After searching numerous posts for all here....no one has yet to fully answer the question. Does anyone have any experience with the Eagle Mid-Rise lift? Can you pull a motor in a 911 with it?

Thanks,
Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any experience with it but it looks as if the crossmembers might get in the way if the engine is still attached to the tranny. I know on my eagle 4 post lift the rails were too close together and I did not modify, so I used jacks, blocks, casters,elbow grease, cuss words, ect...I am going to move one of my rails over for the next time cause it would be oh so cool to push a buttom and have the car rise up over the engine. By the way, you do pull the motor in on these cars - you get them out the same way our wives have kids - push Good Luck!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey thanks John. I know this topic was discussed on other forums here, but noone had the correct answer. The guys at eagle are, uh, not familar with P-cars or their own products. I inquired about some measurements and they weren't to sure. So I deferred to some guys here who usually know.

Thanks again John,
Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Jagbuff
Instructor

I have one it works quite well and gives good access. I would pick the 52" rise one. Opted for mid rise because my garage could not accommodate the standard two post. I haven't tried to pull out the motor in the Porsche but I don't see why it wouldn't work is the car is properly positioned on the lift.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:28 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jagbuff,
You have the Eagle model correct???? Goes up to 52" with the adapters. Can you shift the position of the car on the lift fore or aft? What is the top panel dimension? Literature states 90".....

This is the one I'm looking into. http://eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-LM/602-002

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a word of caution... as the engine comes out, the weight on the lift will shift. Be careful! I have a Mohawk two post lift and even though the garage ceiling is low and I can only lift the car up maybe three feet, I have good access under the car and heavy duty support of the car.

Always - be safe...
Old 02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mr. Bock - good advise....this was a concern of mine as well!

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Jagbuff
Instructor

Andy:

That is the same lift that I have. Works well for both my cars, although I had to build small ramps for the Ferrari because it ride so low. Same issue if your Porsche is lowered - nothing a few 2 X 4s and a little inginuity can't fix. I have done an engine out on the Ferrari - but since it comes out from above an engine hoist is still necessary. I also ahve used it to do the brakes on the Land Rover - lifted the 6000+lb SUV without any problems.

I agree with Mr Brock, caution is always required when messing with lifts, especially when you raise it to its full height... once you have it though, you will never be willing to give it up!

BTW, I got a real good price on the lift, buying from Eagle on Ebay - saved about $500 and got the extension for free. The only killer was the shipping, I thought I could pick it up in Dallas since I am 3 hours away - but I found out after the purchase that it is warehoused in the northeast - freight was $450... Still if you can't fit a 2 post, it's a great option - you can even move it out of the way when not in use.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Jagbuff
Instructor

oops forgot to answer your questions - yes 90" the lenght of top platform - althought the support arms can go out further. They are slotted - about 18" - so you can position them to the right pick up points of the car.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Andy,

Do you have the model number of the lift? I am trying to figure out which lift you are referring to? Thanks.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Air Kuul TT,
the model is the PMR-6000-48. Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep'em comin' if possible.

Andy
Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

I have this lift but haven't pulled the engine. Works well for most cars. I'll try to attach a picture.

Originally Posted by vuugti
After searching numerous posts for all here....no one has yet to fully answer the question. Does anyone have any experience with the Eagle Mid-Rise lift? Can you pull a motor in a 911 with it?

Thanks,
Andy
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lifts

This looks very similar to the Snap On version. Is it made by same manufacturer? I have been looking around for a used one with no luck. What do they retail for from Eagle?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow, thats more than high enough to clear an engine drop. Just sure about having the car aft far enough to clear the trans.

I would really like to have something like this
Old 03-01-2005, 11:06 AM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jim.

Jim,
Can you adjust the lift points to clear the rear compartment containing the engine/tranny assembley?

Eric - these things are going on eBay for $1150 + shipping. Don't bid against me. I can pick mine up though, saving a little more cash.

Closer....closer....thanks guys!

Andy

Quick Reply: Eagle Mid-Rise Lift