Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Returning to the fold - need config advice please

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 07:41 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Premium Plus includes seat ventilation, go for that. 14 way seats, BOSE, glass sunroof. Those would be my minimums. The Bose actually sounds good IF you turn off surround. For some reason that adds a very tinny and unpleasant character.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by rwschill
Lane change assist for sure
I am also configuring my build right now. I have a couple of weeks to go... Targa.
I would love to hear from people that have this option... is the blind spot an issue? My experiences driving a 911 is limited, so I cannot speak to the functionality of this device. Thoughts?
My option list is adding up quickly. Wow! Where does one stop. I have $9K in seats and leather alone. That is just starting out the gate (my wife wants the 18 way with contrasting leather).
Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to weigh in with their suggestions - I really appreciate it. Last time I spec'd a Porsche I got a couple of things wrong, so hopefully I'll do better this time around. Here's the spec I sent to the dealer this morning:

GT Silver Carrera, standard black interior, 20 in Carrera S wheels, PDK, sport exhaust, premium package plus, 14 way power seats, heated multi-function steering wheel, BOSE, deletion of model designation, sport design exterior mirrors, side window trim in aluminum high gloss, fuel cap in aluminum look, Porsche crests on headrests, and smoking package.

Total with destination comes to 108,680 - waiting to see where dealer comes in on lease pricing.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you're getting what you want. Everybody's a bit different, and Porsche understands that.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 277 Posts

In my experience Porsche leases aren't very attractive financially. See if your F&I guy can get you better terms with another lender - Porsche sets very pessimistic residuals and their MF isn't as competitive so you will pay as much as several hundred more than you need to monthly.

(I chose to buy our two current P-cars even though we prefer leasing, terms were that lousy)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with advice - it helped a lot. Ordered car today, build locks tomorrow, should receive in early June. It will be great to be back in a Porsche after too many years away - M3's and GTI's have been great, but "there is no substitute".
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you sit in seats? Ignore the names & prices... go sit in them at dealer. Your body will tell you which to get--almost everyone fits in 1 better than the other. 18 way & 14 way are not the same seat. Actually shaped/feel different.

Quick Reply: Returning to the fold - need config advice please