Sponsored by:

PFS Financial and Leasing Invoices - Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts
Default PFS Financial and Leasing Invoices - Question

For those that lease, have you noticed that the amount shown as owed on your invoice does not match the remaining lease payments plus residual. I have leased two 911's and both invoices did not add up.

For those that purchased their cars at lease end, did this self correct at purchase or was there a debate at the purchase over the amount required to purchase.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

How much is it out? Is there a lease end fee in the contract that is making up the difference? There is a $1,000 fee to buy out my BMW at lease end, but I'm turning the car in so it doesn't affect me.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

The contract does not have any termination fees, if the car is purchased except fees related to the purchase. The amount that the invoice is off $1524.00. This does not match a payment or any combination that I can match. Since this is a closed end lease, the invoice should reflect the remaining payments, residual and that's it.
I am not concerned as the contract will be the surviving document, not their monthly invoices. I just wonder why they do this.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:24 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

I think only PFS really knows. I found the fees on my BMW lease buried in small print on the last page of the document.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:47 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be the opposite... all your payments + residual should = more than buy off. First, many lessors will discount remaining interest (or money factor) if you buy outright via paying off early. Second.... how is tax handled? Since not going to PFS, I'm unsure how it looks on invoice/is be accounted for in your math.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
For those that lease, have you noticed that the amount shown as owed on your invoice does not match the remaining lease payments plus residual. I have leased two 911's and both invoices did not add up.

For those that purchased their cars at lease end, did this self correct at purchase or was there a debate at the purchase over the amount required to purchase.
now you have me wondering ....
Old 02-21-2017, 08:46 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I sold my leased GTS, I just called PFS and got the payoff amount which was good for a few days as I recall. I believe the payoff amount shown on the monthly invoices are accurate for the day the invoice was generated.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
When I sold my leased GTS, I just called PFS and got the payoff amount which was good for a few days as I recall. I believe the payoff amount shown on the monthly invoices are accurate for the day the invoice was generated.
I think that you might be correct. I think I made the assumption that the lease invoice balance = remaining payment plus residual. Perhaps, this is a quasi-realtime buyout.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:55 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by c_Gio
Should be the opposite... all your payments + residual should = more than buy off. First, many lessors will discount remaining interest (or money factor) if you buy outright via paying off early. Second.... how is tax handled? Since not going to PFS, I'm unsure how it looks on invoice/is be accounted for in your math.
I don't think that I was clear in my question. I assumed that the remaining balance amount owed would equal remaining payments plus residual. I am not referring to an early termination. I think that maybe this is a real time payoff amount. Time will tell if as time goes by before I exercise the purchase option if they come together.

Quick Reply: PFS Financial and Leasing Invoices - Question