Graphite Blue / Chalk Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by mac10
I just received my 991.2 C4S Graphite Blue with Blue Chalk interior and the combination is absolutely beautiful(and were designed by Porsche to be paired together).

As a detailer(and owner of a RS5 with similar colored seats) the lighter colors are tougher to stain than you think and when that does happen any reputable leather cleaner(then use conditioner) will bring them back to perfect.
Need pics!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:03 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Great pics, great color combo, you should get the blue/chalk, very stunning!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:18 PM
drwex
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 9 Posts

I am picking up my new Graphite blue/chalk 911 this Saturday (spur of the moment traded in my Macan Turbo). I don't care if it's higher maintenance...it is gorgeous!!! [QUOTE]
Old 12-14-2016, 02:14 AM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also the Graphite Blue/Chalk w/Sport-Tex option, which should abate most of the concern about color transfer on the seats and bolsters. Also, I think it looks rather nice. *cough*
Attached Images   
Old 12-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Gasol1
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the color is great, but in the end decided I was too lazy to clean the leather. Our Cayenne has the garnet red/black combo and it hides blue jean stains pretty well, but when I wipe the seat bottom there is a decent amount of blue jean stain. If you or your wife is wearing any sort of fashion jean it will transfer.

I also agree that the two tone full leather is better looking than the monotone. Once we decided we couldn't live with chalk we went with the base black interior package, couldn't get there value wise with black full leather.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:20 PM
ericb44
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same situation. I'm ordering Graphite blue but can't decide on the Blue Chalk interior or black. Love the Chalk color but not sure I like the blue for the interior especially with that amount of blue. Wish Porsche did a better light color gray interior as the agate is bit too brown. Chalk interior with just the dash and floor carpeting in black would look good IMO.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:26 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

The blue/chalk interior is beautiful no doubt, as the configurator shows, it is even better looking in person. I just see blue jeans (I'm a blue jeans/t shirt guy) wrecking havoc on it. I struggled for a month before caving to black, I think I will be happy with my decision but if you can keep this clean it makes for an incredible combination.

(I like the carbon with it too, it's just like I would have specced it)
Old 12-14-2016, 04:45 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Had this interior exterior color combo been available when I was ordering it would be in my garage right now. Don't get me wrong -- I love my silver over black/red. But every premium (and a lot of non premium) make seems to have a red/black interior option. This is truly unique. Yes it goes a bit towards the luxury/nautical side, like it would fit right into a Rolls Convertible, but still, I would not tire of this combo and in 15 years it will be an amazing find for somebody in a sea of black interior 911s.

I really think concerns over staining are overblown. I've got a very light bone color seat on my wife's Grand Cherokee and it now has 90k miles and not even the faintest hint of blue. And I have all types of jeans, including plenty of very dark ones.

Bravo to all who've ordered this combo.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:34 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Here is a couple of pics of my Graphite Blue/Chalk interior. I added in the vent slats and steering wheel casing in leather. The only deviating colour stiching is on the Graphite Blue, the Chalk is all stitched in a like colour thread. I thought with a two tone interior deviating stitching on the Chalk portions would end up looking too busy. I did the Mahogany trim, as I am an old time sailer dude and I still like wood.
It's like I'm looking at a bizarro version of my car, you even ticked off all the leather options, the vents, steering column and instrument panel. I really didn;t think I'd like the wood but it pops out very classy
Old 12-15-2016, 02:43 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been running my TTS cab with graphite blue/chalk interior pretty much as a daily driver. I would have gone for the sport tex if they were able to keep the ventilation, but i wear jeans every day, and diesel at that. Already a thousand miles on the car and no transfer at all. It was a problem on my S550 with porcelain seats from day one but not even a smidge of discoloration. And i even managed to fir my 4 month old in the back
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2016, 12:00 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The lighter interior colors look really good with the carbon package too.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:19 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

Was getting ready to order a TT about a year ago with graphite blue/chalk interior https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/910821-pearl.html Dealers weren't dealing so passed on this build and ended up purchasing a used GTS Cab. Wife's 2014 E-350 sedan has a similar linen interior and holds up much better than I would have thought. That said, would not be scared off by the lighter colored interior. Go for it ! T
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2016, 05:46 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
It's like I'm looking at a bizarro version of my car, you even ticked off all the leather options, the vents, steering column and instrument panel. I really didn;t think I'd like the wood but it pops out very classy
I have wood trim in my other two P-Cars. But both the Box and Cayenne have got single color leather in the beige/brown range so wood fits right in. I was concerned when I ticked the wood options in the 911 order, just not sure how it would go with the grey/chalk. But after seeing in person I am happy with my choice.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Speed2000
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the Sport-Tex version for my Graphite Blue Targa GTS back in January. Saw it one time on a turbo and thought that must be some kind of one off type of interior the guy has special ordered like paint to sample. Very excited when I saw it on the configurator.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:58 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
The lighter interior colors look really good with the carbon package too.

That is exactly what I did, carbon fiber with chalk leather, hoping I will like the contrast.

Quick Reply: Graphite Blue / Chalk Interior