Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade - Page 21 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Musicar Northwest Group Buy — 991 High-End Tweeter Upgrade

Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #301
windblow
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v Nick View Post
We need to validate the platforms. In theory, they should both work since they both use the same Burmester tweeter part number. That means they should both have the mounting tabs and space available. You should make the trip down from Bellingham and let us use one of your cars for the validation, I'd make it worth your time. Shoot me an email if your interested(nick.akin@musicarnw.com).
Hey Nick, I shot you an email a couple weeks ago about the possibility of getting a set through GB but haven't gotten a reply. Could you let me know if that's possible? Thanks!
windblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #302
stevewilm
User

Nick-

Just installed my tweeters and disconnected the center channel. Very happy with the upgrade!

Can you recommend the sound settings for the Bose system with the tweeters (bass, treble, linear on/off)? I'm not a huge audiophile and I'm sure you have spent enough time listening. I'm sure we would all be interested in your thoughts. Open to input from anyone else who has done the install. Thanks.
stevewilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #303
NA430GTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewilm
Nick-

Just installed my tweeters and disconnected the center channel. Very happy with the upgrade!

Can you recommend the sound settings for the Bose system with the tweeters (bass, treble, linear on/off)? I'm not a huge audiophile and I'm sure you have spent enough time listening. I'm sure we would all be interested in your thoughts. Open to input from anyone else who has done the install. Thanks.
Would you mind sharing your steps to disconnect the center channel?
NA430GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #304
stevewilm
User

Yes, I had the guys who reinstalled my K40 remote install my tweeters and disconnect thr cc at the same time. LOL. Even so, the installer called me to tell me about a scratch in the plastic grill that he was aware of. I couldn't see it? But they ordered a new grill from a Porsche dealership. New stereo sounds awesome.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #305
Sigus
User

Tweeters received a couple of weeks ago. Was able to install yesterday, limited listening time but am delighted with the improvement over the Bose. Thanks Nick and the forum for great service and help with install.

I want to disconnect center but am a bit concerned with instructions received so far. Vid would truly help on this activity.

Appreciatively,

Sig
Sigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #306
stevewilm
User

Any input on the sound settings that your using after the upgrade?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #307
Dan Nagy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewilm View Post
Any input on the sound settings that your using after the upgrade?
I am still playing the settings, but turned up the base and treble a couple of clicks. I am using CarPlay. I also turned off the surround sound.

I hope that Nick gets the video together soon for the center speaker disconnect... or a replacement speaker for it.
Dan Nagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #308
Need4S
User

I just wish all the first batch orders would be fulfilled so Nick can get around to me on the list!
Need4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #309
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Okay everyone, sorry for the radio silence. In addition to our Porsche products, I also manage our local projects, which accounts for the majority of our business. We've been covered up over the past two weeks, but we've got a bit of breathing room in the calendar and we're ready to tackle a few important projects.

First on the list is getting the ball rolling on the second batch orders for the tweeters. If you're on the list you'll be getting an email soon with more details. There are 21 orders as of now, and we'll be capping this run at 25 to make sure we can take care of everyone in a realistic timeframe. I have a few emails I need to close the loop on, but there should be 1-2 spots left, so if anyone still hasn't put in their order shoot me an email at nick.akin@musicarnw.com.

Once we have the wheels in motion there, I have plans to make a thorough video on the center channel "delete" procedure, as well as a recommended EQ setting with the new tweeter upgrade – stay tuned for that.

Last but not least, we're doing a bit of R&D on the next upgrade for the 991's audio system. I don't have any details yet, but once we find the perfect solutions, this community will be the first to know.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and continued support!

–Nick

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
12v Nick is offline   Reply With Quote