Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

After seeing this video second thoughts on colour

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts
Default After seeing this video second thoughts on colour

]I was going to get a Graphite Blue Targa with Graphite Blue/Chalk interior, but some photos of the Targa with the top down made the seats seem too white/bright, and the Graphite sometimes looked dull.

https://hoehn.porschedealer.com/imag...=2&full_size=1

Then I saw a video review of a Rhodium Silver Targa with Red interior, so now I am thinking of Rhodium Silver with Black/Red.

I am driving myself crazy deciding, so I have decided to make a poll. Please help!

Last edited by KenTO; 04-11-2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling and formatting
Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM
PTSRS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenTO
]I was going to get a Graphite Blue Targa with Graphite Blue/Chalk interior, but some photos of the Targa with the top down made the seats seem too white/bright, and the Graphite sometimes looked dull.

https://hoehn.porschedealer.com/imag...=2&full_size=1

Then I saw a video review of a Rhodium Silver Targa with Red interior, so now I am thinking of Rhodium Silver with Black/Red.

2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Review - YouTube

I am driving myself crazy deciding, so I have decided to make a poll. Please help!
I almost thought it would be counterintuitive to get a Silver Targa because of the Silver crossbar. But I saw a Rhodium Targa in person at my local dealer in Toronto and was really impressed. Honestly think Graphite Blue is overrated and many have echoed a slight disappointment with it upon seeing it in person.

Personally my picks for the Targa would be Agate Grey (or Volcano Grey if that's the new Grey now), Black or Rhodium Silver.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by wysl94
I almost thought it would be counterintuitive to get a Silver Targa because of the Silver crossbar. But I saw a Rhodium Targa in person at my local dealer in Toronto and was really impressed. Honestly think Graphite Blue is overrated and many have echoed a slight disappointment with it upon seeing it in person.

Personally my picks for the Targa would be Agate Grey (or Volcano Grey if that's the new Grey now), Black or Rhodium Silver.
I saw a Graphite Blue coupe last week and I really liked the color. If I ordered one, I would probably get the interior in Espresso natural leather, but I doubt I would get much support here for that choice. I would not want blue/chalk.
But my last three cars have been a Mahogany 981S, an Anthracite TT and now a DBM Boxster GTS, so I'm not a black/silver/red guy.
Rhodium is OK, but if I wanted silver it would have to be GT Silver for me.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Silver with red/black is obviously a great choice!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:22 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

GT Silver. You'll thank me later
Old 04-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

You don't seem to be in love with either color. After seeing the Aqua Blue no other colors would do for me. Maybe keep looking at all the different colors out there, even if you have to PTS, until you find the one you have to have?
Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

You had selected the right color combination Sapphire blue with a beige type interior. I warned you in another thread that Graphie Blue with chalk was a boring color. Look at the Beige black combination or go with your expresso. Much better choices than the blue/chalk. Here is beige/black in interior. Perfect with Sapphire blue.
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Sapphire blue is stunning, but lots of people don't want a car that looks that good. If you want a boring looking car, don't get it.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:23 PM
VINK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sapphire blue with silver crossbar looks amazing on Targa. You can call me biased but I got many for this color. Food for thought
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by VINK
Sapphire blue with silver crossbar looks amazing on Targa. You can call me biased but I got many for this color. Food for thought
You must have good taste. I'm guessing you also enjoy the company of attractive women and excellent single malts?
Old 04-11-2016, 09:16 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
You had selected the right color combination Sapphire blue with a beige type interior. I warned you in another thread that Graphie Blue with chalk was a boring color. Look at the Beige black combination or go with your expresso. Much better choices than the blue/chalk. Here is beige/black in interior. Perfect with Sapphire blue.
You have me mistaken with someone else, I never chose sapphire blue with beige.

I already have a screaming red 458 Italia, I was looking for something more classic that wouldn't attract as much attention in the hospital parking lot.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by KenTO
I already have a screaming red 458 Italia, I was looking for something more classic that wouldn't attract as much attention in the hospital parking lot.
The Aqua (which is slightly more subdued than Sapphire but very similar) attracts roughly zero attention if you're in at least decent areas. It's definitely not like red/yellow/orange.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:19 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

no graphite especially with the blue/chalk interior....yuck.....maybe the espresso would look better against it.

i favor the slightly darker silvers than the rhodium. those work nicely with the reds and/or blacks.

my boss drives a agate grey targa 4 gts over black and it looks amazing to me. i think gt silver would look equally nice me thinks.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by oalvarez
my boss drives a agate grey targa 4 gts over black and it looks amazing to me. i think gt silver would look equally nice me thinks.
Yeah if I were getting a silver/gray one, it would definitely be GT Silver with Agate Gray as a next choice.

I think Graphite Blue and Rhodium and both a bit too Nissan or Corolla looking for a Porsche.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a little biased..... But other than Carmine Red... The graphite blue is beautiful. I was in a black with red interior and it was stunning . I am not a black cat person, but it was a nice combo.

Quick Reply: After seeing this video second thoughts on colour