Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   After seeing this video second thoughts on colour (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/928634-after-seeing-this-video-second-thoughts-on-colour.html)

KenTO 04-11-2016 02:06 PM

After seeing this video second thoughts on colour

]I was going to get a Graphite Blue Targa with Graphite Blue/Chalk interior, but some photos of the Targa with the top down made the seats seem too white/bright, and the Graphite sometimes looked dull.

https://hoehn.porschedealer.com/imag...=2&full_size=1

Then I saw a video review of a Rhodium Silver Targa with Red interior, so now I am thinking of Rhodium Silver with Black/Red.

I am driving myself crazy deciding, so I have decided to make a poll. Please help!

PTSRS 04-11-2016 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by KenTO (Post 13188807)
]I was going to get a Graphite Blue Targa with Graphite Blue/Chalk interior, but some photos of the Targa with the top down made the seats seem too white/bright, and the Graphite sometimes looked dull.

https://hoehn.porschedealer.com/imag...=2&full_size=1

Then I saw a video review of a Rhodium Silver Targa with Red interior, so now I am thinking of Rhodium Silver with Black/Red.

2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Review - YouTube

I am driving myself crazy deciding, so I have decided to make a poll. Please help!

I almost thought it would be counterintuitive to get a Silver Targa because of the Silver crossbar. But I saw a Rhodium Targa in person at my local dealer in Toronto and was really impressed. Honestly think Graphite Blue is overrated and many have echoed a slight disappointment with it upon seeing it in person.

Personally my picks for the Targa would be Agate Grey (or Volcano Grey if that's the new Grey now), Black or Rhodium Silver.

Keadog 04-11-2016 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by wysl94 (Post 13189028)
I almost thought it would be counterintuitive to get a Silver Targa because of the Silver crossbar. But I saw a Rhodium Targa in person at my local dealer in Toronto and was really impressed. Honestly think Graphite Blue is overrated and many have echoed a slight disappointment with it upon seeing it in person.

Personally my picks for the Targa would be Agate Grey (or Volcano Grey if that's the new Grey now), Black or Rhodium Silver.

I saw a Graphite Blue coupe last week and I really liked the color. If I ordered one, I would probably get the interior in Espresso natural leather, but I doubt I would get much support here for that choice. I would not want blue/chalk.
But my last three cars have been a Mahogany 981S, an Anthracite TT and now a DBM Boxster GTS, so I'm not a black/silver/red guy.
Rhodium is OK, but if I wanted silver it would have to be GT Silver for me.

NoGaBiker 04-11-2016 05:16 PM

Silver with red/black is obviously a great choice! :D

neurotic 04-11-2016 05:22 PM

GT Silver. You'll thank me later :)

Dewinator 04-11-2016 05:48 PM

You don't seem to be in love with either color. After seeing the Aqua Blue no other colors would do for me. Maybe keep looking at all the different colors out there, even if you have to PTS, until you find the one you have to have?

Nick 04-11-2016 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You had selected the right color combination Sapphire blue with a beige type interior. I warned you in another thread that Graphie Blue with chalk was a boring color. Look at the Beige black combination or go with your expresso. Much better choices than the blue/chalk. Here is beige/black in interior. Perfect with Sapphire blue.

Dewinator 04-11-2016 08:18 PM

Sapphire blue is stunning, but lots of people don't want a car that looks that good. If you want a boring looking car, don't get it.

VINK 04-11-2016 08:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sapphire blue with silver crossbar looks amazing on Targa. You can call me biased but I got many :thumbup: for this color. Food for thought :)

Dewinator 04-11-2016 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by VINK (Post 13190110)
Sapphire blue with silver crossbar looks amazing on Targa. You can call me biased but I got many :thumbup: for this color. Food for thought :)

You must have good taste. I'm guessing you also enjoy the company of attractive women and excellent single malts?

KenTO 04-11-2016 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 13189962)
You had selected the right color combination Sapphire blue with a beige type interior. I warned you in another thread that Graphie Blue with chalk was a boring color. Look at the Beige black combination or go with your expresso. Much better choices than the blue/chalk. Here is beige/black in interior. Perfect with Sapphire blue.

You have me mistaken with someone else, I never chose sapphire blue with beige.

I already have a screaming red 458 Italia, I was looking for something more classic that wouldn't attract as much attention in the hospital parking lot.

Dewinator 04-11-2016 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by KenTO (Post 13190267)
I already have a screaming red 458 Italia, I was looking for something more classic that wouldn't attract as much attention in the hospital parking lot.

The Aqua (which is slightly more subdued than Sapphire but very similar) attracts roughly zero attention if you're in at least decent areas. It's definitely not like red/yellow/orange.

oalvarez 04-11-2016 10:19 PM

no graphite especially with the blue/chalk interior....yuck.....maybe the espresso would look better against it.

i favor the slightly darker silvers than the rhodium. those work nicely with the reds and/or blacks.

my boss drives a agate grey targa 4 gts over black and it looks amazing to me. i think gt silver would look equally nice me thinks. :thumbup:

Dewinator 04-11-2016 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by oalvarez (Post 13190425)
my boss drives a agate grey targa 4 gts over black and it looks amazing to me. i think gt silver would look equally nice me thinks. :thumbup:

Yeah if I were getting a silver/gray one, it would definitely be GT Silver with Agate Gray as a next choice.

I think Graphite Blue and Rhodium and both a bit too Nissan or Corolla looking for a Porsche.

Werks 1 04-11-2016 10:36 PM

I am a little biased..... But other than Carmine Red... The graphite blue is beautiful. I was in a black with red interior and it was stunning . I am not a black cat person, but it was a nice combo.