Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GTS interior package issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

^ good advice. The black leather and alcantara with red seat belts would be my choice (I only cancelled them because I went for the yellow brakes!), but I am in a slight minority here. Lots of people love the deviated stitching.

PS I changed my build many times, in the end, but always ended up happy with my second thoughts. I agree with being calm in theory, but a new 911 is important to get just as you want it!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Get the GTS Communication Package with the Rhodium Silver stitching, or the GTS Communication Package with the Carmine Red stitching. I think you might be concerned about the contrasting stitching, but don't be. Either package looks fantastic, but the Rhodium Silver is more subdued then the Carmine, so that might be best for you.

To me, the GTS Interior Communication Package is one of the features that makes the GTS a GTS. Nothing against those that chose full leather. That is originally what I thought I wanted, but after seeing the Carmine Red Interior Package, that sealed the deal for me.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 04-04-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 AM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a fan of alcantara as a seating or dash or any interior surface other than a roof liner. Give me leather any day. Alcantara is too velourish looking and feeling for my taste, and I have always wondered how it wears long term in high contact areas, like seating surfaces and steering wheels.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Not a fan of alcantara as a seating or dash or any interior surface other than a roof liner. Give me leather any day. Alcantara is too velourish looking and feeling for my taste, and I have always wondered how it wears long term in high contact areas, like seating surfaces and steering wheels.
I am with you on the alcantara "velour." If I were ordering a GTS, the first box I would check is the "delete alcantara" box. If I want a cheap looking fabric interior, I'll buy an entry level domestic car.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:18 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont feel the alcantara choice gives a "cheap" impression, absolutely no. So my opinion. The GT3 where I am also not wrong arrive with standard alcantara interiors...is the gt3 also a cheap solution?

Got a call today from my dealer. He receives some new 911 with both packages, the standard one and the silver one thus, today evening i will know what exact i am gonna take.......and, the point i am also institing, as mistic mentioned as well, i am ordering (me for the very first time) a brandnew 911 for more than 130000euros/dollar thus the car MUST be PERFECT.....i dont want to enter it and few days/weeks later crying not to be happy with the config.

PS_ red is not my choice. I saw it and no, i definetly dont like the red instrument in the midle. Beside that i think it looks to "agressiv" black on black/red interior

Last edited by cutolo91; 03-31-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: red...
Old 03-31-2015, 11:02 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Yeah, man. You really don't want to be sitting in it when it comes wishing some small detail was different; it's much better to worry before a decision is made than after it's made and can't be changed.

Let us know what you decide!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

There's been a lot of conversation about whether the alcantara interior looks "cheap" and I think it's definitely one of those cultural things. I think many North Americans (like me) see alcantara and remember all those god-awful tasteless American cars of the 70s and 80s. For us, real leather equals "high-end". I find that Europeans are more open to the sporting aspect of an alcantara interior. And as they say . . . that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream (and gelato)!

And cutolo, I LOVE the contrast stiching. But I'm not so sure that an Italian should take advice from an American on style.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
But I'm not so sure that an Italian should take advice from an American on style.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:55 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I love contrast stitching on any Porsche. It is one of my favorite things about Porsche interiors.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I love contrast stitching on any Porsche. It is one of my favorite things about Porsche interiors.
Same here.
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Same here.
That Brown is so rich!
Old 04-01-2015, 07:12 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

Hey guys….

I have also meet my dealer yesterday and saw the two interiors on different cars:

The gt3 with standard alcantara/leather mix and carbon inserts
The gts as well with alcantara/leather mix and carbon inserts and additionally the Rhodium Silver stitching.

Let me start in this way, first of all thx for the compliment “an Italian should take advice from an American on style” . I think is not a question of Italian, German, US or African but more on preferences. But yes, I fully understood your message . The choice for alcantara mixed with leather, in my opinion fit very well on a sport car, eg the GTS or GT3. I would never choice it on a Porsche Turbo, Panamera, or the standard 911 without sport package.

Finally I took my decision not to go for the Silver stitching, instead to keep the standard mix or alcantara/leather with carbon fiber inserts and red seat-belts. Again, my car is black (no metallic).
…it was not easy to take this decision. The silver stitching is not that bad, absolutely not, it gives the car a touch of finesse and elegance….however I decided not to take it only because on my eyes it is too much, too many coloured seams….and the GTS logo on the seats, this is in my opinion a NO GO!

What I am currently in proof with my dealer, if I can (and what it will cost me) have an individual/sinle seam on the top of the doors over the cockpit trough the other door….. this could give a nice touch I might.

Last edited by cutolo91; 04-01-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: smily
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Well I'm glad we Europeans agree

That car will look great. Should hopefully be posting some pictures of mine in a couple of weeks...
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 PM
cutolo91
Intermediate

yes however i am scrubbeling if and what....but i feel is the right choice.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 PM
cutolo91
Intermediate

noone who want/can post interior pics of its car ?

Quick Reply: 991 GTS interior package issues