Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991 GTS interior package issues

Hey all,

I am new member here in forum living in Italy thus quite far from here
I also love your forum….quite interesting discussions with fanstastic pictures.

I am running right now in a minor “issue”. I have ordered by very first Porsche, the new 991 GTS.
The car arrives almost quite full, so my config looks like: black (no metallic), comfort package, speed alarm, dark black windows (rear/side), interior package, manual gear. The issue: the interior package:

I took the big gts package alcantara/leather with gray seam but today I am not longer sure if I will happy so or not. As I never saw the car by real with such interior, just looking at pictures in internet, I feel also not to have took the right choice….. in my opinion is this “gray line/seam” to much….4 lines on the door site, all around the seat ect ect….

What are also the options? The one mentioned above, with red seam (no option for me), everything black like the GT3, alcantara/leather with carbon fibre intead of aluminium black….
My idea was to take the standard interior alcantara/leather (with no seam!), carbon fibre elements and red seat-belt.

Any of you that can provide me with some real pictures ?
Any ideas ?

…. I still have a couples of weeks to modify the interior (mid June I should receive my car)

PS: any of you have experience how to increase the power of the car? I personally feel up to 30-50 horse more could fit good …

ciao
pietro
Old 03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you share your build so others can look at it. You can generate a code on the configurator.
Also, no on the more horsepower. Some companies claim that they can add a few HP here and there with their exhaust systems but it's expensive and not clear that it adds much at all.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:00 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

here we go....

Version1 as per today config:

Old 03-30-2015, 11:02 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

option 2:

Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

unfortunely for option 3 porsche dont generate me a final/rear picture. It would consist in option2 + red seat-belt + carbon fibre panels instead of the black burste alu
Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Pietro Mutolo
PS: any of you have experience how to increase the power of the car? I personally feel up to 30-50 horse more could fit good … ciao pietro
You'd be lucky to get even 10 or 15 more horsepower out of this car. It's pretty much maxed out. If you're looking for more horsepower, better to look at a GT3 or Turbo.

Aside from hitting the gas pedal at a stoplight, most people don't even know how to fully utilize the horsepower the GTS has to it's full potential (me included).
Old 03-30-2015, 12:09 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Pietro - you have selected the same GTS communications package in rhodium silver that I have in my GTS. It is difficult to get a picture (with a cellular phone) that captures all the interior elements with the right lighting. I took a few pictures on Sunday in the garage (raining all day), but then went on a 2 hour hike in the rain and my phone got a bit wet, even through my gortex jacket - so I am trying to dry it out in order to post them.

Coming from a standard interior in a C2S, and having had the opportunity to see the red stitching on a GTS - I am very pleased with the higher contrast Rhodium stitching, carbon and alcantara - these materials really elevate the interior beautifully and defines the uniqueness of the GTS model.

Everyone who sits in the car remarks on how the interior feels so sporty and special - stay with your initial selection, you will love it!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:08 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Pietro, I like the Rhodium picture better than the all-black picture. Contrast stitching is a great look, to my eye.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:34 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ciao Pietro, the red deviated stitching in GTS package is not an option in Italia? It would be so beautiful with a black car! The rhodium stitching is still very nice in real life and the carbon fiber trim makes the car look incredibly special inside! The pictures don't even come close to showing how nice it is.. I believe you will be happy.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:28 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

hey all, thx for the feedback
someone of you able to post a real pic with the silvergray interiors ?

@diablo: I have seen it with red interior/black car... what i definetely dont like is the red instrument in the midle of the cockpit.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi there,

I had this same question myself and drove between showrooms a lot looking at different interiors. I thought both the carmine red and rhodium silver stitching were a little 'di troppo', but I definitely wanted full leather and alcantara. The option I went for was in between the GTS package and the standard interior. When I ordered it it was called 'leather interior with alcantara seats'. It is now called 'black GTS alcantara package'. You get stitching but it's in black, so you can still see it but without so much contrast. 'GTS' is also written on the headrests, in black.

I don't know if the options are the same in Italy, but this sounds maybe like the one you should go for. My car is arriving in two weeks and I will post pictures, but if your build is locking then it may not happen in time.

My advice would be to visit a showroom or two if at all possible and see the interiors for yourself.

In bocca al lupo!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

@MagicRat,

believe me I talked and visited all the porsche dealer around my city and unfortunely none of them had a 991/911 with the silvergray interior. Just saw a boxter gts with those interiors.....but is not the same. I also dont find any, and I wish to see a “real” pic.
As i mentioned, my car is ordered and should arrive in june also soon. My dealer informed me, i am still able to modify the config without impact on the delivery date....just a few week not longer. So I am still tending to "go back" and reconfig the car as it was at the very beginning, means GTS packet with alcantara/leather, carbon fiber parts (instead of black burste alumumium interts) and red seat-belts

ciao
Old 03-31-2015, 09:02 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cutolo91
@MagicRat,

...none of them had a 991/911 with the silvergray interior. Just saw a boxter gts with those interiors.....but is not the same.
ciao
I respectfully beg to differ -- if you have seen the interior of a Boxster GTS in Rhodium, you've seen the interior of a Carrera GTS in Rhodium. I can't think of anything that's different enough between the two to cause a person who likes one to dislike the other, or vice versa.

My advice? Calm yourself. You're overthinking this. I did the same when I ordered my car. Ordered a red interior, then freaked out for several days thinking WHAT HAVE I DONE??!?!!?? But going back and sitting in one on the floor brought me back to remembering that I actually like it.

Go back and sit in the Boxster GTS; just sit there for a half-hour if need be. That's what I did. There are worse places you could waste a half-hour. The feelings you get will be the same as if you were sitting in a Carrera GTS. You won't even notice the two missing slivers of gauges on the sides of the instrument panel. . If the Boxster speaks to you, so will the Carrera. If it doesn't, then move on.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Pietro, I like the Rhodium picture better than the all-black picture. Contrast stitching is a great look, to my eye.
agree.....

Old 03-31-2015, 09:09 AM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your interior package is the right choice.

I have it and it looks superb...

Quick Reply: 991 GTS interior package issues