Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

yeah they gave me the wrong one.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:22 PM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep Me Too

Well, until I stumbled across this thread I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the lack of information about CL wheel procedures!

Are you guys having any luck getting the replacement manuals from your dealer of weeks of nagging PCNA?

Mark
Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MHarris
Well, until I stumbled across this thread I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the lack of information about CL wheel procedures!

Are you guys having any luck getting the replacement manuals from your dealer of weeks of nagging PCNA?

Mark
I haven't asked yet...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:04 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark
Since you're not supposed to do this yourself and since only authorized Porsche dealers are permitted to do it...whats the big secret here?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Mark
As I previously stated, I finally got my replacement manuals after about 6 weeks of haggling with PCNA. They claimed they had to get the manuals from Germany. This was after I spend hours trying to convince them I had the wrong manuals. My dealer looked in to this for me, but if I hadn't been persistent with PCNA, I don't think I would have ever gotten them. My dealer gave me incorrect information stating that PCNA was working on a supplement to the manuals that came in my car, but they didn't know when I would get it. PCNA told me they knew nothing of a supplement.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:23 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rennteam
Since you're not supposed to do this yourself and since only authorized Porsche dealers are permitted to do it...whats the big secret here?
What are you talking about???
Old 05-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

So update on my end, apparently the correct manual is in the system but Porsche does not have any stock (even in Germany). It is on back order so we'll see how long it takes.

Looks like someone in the Porsche supply chain/planning process messed up here...
Old 05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

I buy Porsche's to enjoy. My cars are not garage queens, They are driven and at times driven very hard. I do quite a bit of work on them myself (Love my Durametric) the thought of not being able to switch between my street tires and track tires myself is crazy. In the last 15 years across 5 different Porsche's I don't think I have ever had the dealership change oil or replace brakes for me. Like I said Crazy.

MH
Old 05-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Yeah this must be a joke... in the updated GTS manual there are clear instructions on how to remove and reattach a center lock wheel. Just get yourself a big honkin' breaker bar + torque wrench and you can do it yourself.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I buy Porsche's to enjoy. My cars are not garage queens, They are driven and at times driven very hard. I do quite a bit of work on them myself (Love my Durametric) the thought of not being able to switch between my street tires and track tires myself is crazy. In the last 15 years across 5 different Porsche's I don't think I have ever had the dealership change oil or replace brakes for me. Like I said Crazy.

MH
in the meantime ... there are a couple of videos on youtube that document this, also checkout the 997 and 911 GT3 forums since the system is the same across all the variants...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Occky5wSB4
Old 05-24-2015, 01:24 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Wasn't interested in this thread until last night, when I arrived home after a 3 hour drive from the dealer in my new GTS. It came with Targa manuals. I just emailed my sales associate and am betting he will take care of it.

But since I don't have the correct manual, doesn't that mean that I don't have to follow "proper" break in procedure? If a tree falls in the woods.....
Old 05-24-2015, 03:21 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I think this is what your local Porsche dealer would love for everyone to think. I'm leaving the 5 lug box checked on mine!
Jim
Old 05-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Green_Hornet
Racer

I just took possession of a new Carrera GTS yesterday - no correct info.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:25 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Green_Hornet
I just took possession of a new Carrera GTS yesterday - no correct info.
So much for PCNA assuring me that they had fixed the problem.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

took delivery of mine this past weekend and it came with the big 991 carrera manual that included GTS info, but I didnt receive the GTS supplemental manual

Quick Reply: 991 GTS Owners Manuals