Sponsored by:

Auto Palace Porsche Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:51 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
i live in pittsburgh, I find sewickly porsche to be much friendlier for test drives and the staff are very passionate about the brand and very knowledgeable overall. Auto palace is ok at best. Though both are difficult to negotiate with reference to discount. Porsche of Beachwood is the most aggressive in the area and they are decent to deal with. Build your car and talk to a couple of these dealers and see how much discount you can get, and if you do't have a trade in , this can be done by email
Thank you. Will do!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:21 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

To the OP - no reason at all to do business with someone who you aren't happy with in this day and age. You have the world literally at your fingertips and as "special" as we might think each P-car is fact is there are deals to be had all over the place if you are simply patient and determined.

One other thought I'll share, and I am surprised no one has mentioned it already - find a dealer or shop that fields a racing or other competitive P-car. My opinion is that a dealer that has a racing program will ultimately have sales and support staff with deeper knowledge and passion about the cars than a massive "brand" dealer. In my own case, I have literally 4-5 P-car dealers within reasonable driving distance from where I live, but I have always dealt with the one that has a (very) competitive P-car racing program because I feel they genuinely employ sales staff that have deep interests, knowledge, and passion about the cars they are selling. Plus, when I want to go deep on something technical, their service staff are equally passionate and have no issue spending time with me to explain or demonstrate something or other about these fabulous cars....
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
i live in pittsburgh, I find sewickly porsche to be much friendlier for test drives and the staff are very passionate about the brand and very knowledgeable overall. Auto palace is ok at best. Though both are difficult to negotiate with reference to discount. Porsche of Beachwood is the most aggressive in the area and they are decent to deal with. Build your car and talk to a couple of these dealers and see how much discount you can get, and if you do't have a trade in , this can be done by email
If you're driving all the way to Beachwood, stay on 480 another 20 minutes west and at least talk to Porsche of North Olmstead. I bought my first P car from Stoddard in 1991 and my followed my last sales guy there to Penske when Stoddard, Baker and Cascade got shrunk into Beachwood. I ordered my Boxster there in '13 but when I went to trade it on a C4S order, PNO blew Beachwood out of the water on both ends of the transaction. Ask for Chad, the GM. Very approachable folks there in my experience so far.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've found that calling ahead and making an appointment sends several messages:
- I'm a serious buyer
- I'm not going to waste your time
- Don't waste my time
- I respect you [the salesman] as a professional

This generally works with Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. Not so much at the Toyota place...

Also, remember these guys (salesmen) probably see 20 shoppers before they get one serious looker that might turn into a sale. It takes a good salesman to keep his spirits and enthusiasm up for the next tire kicker. And remember too - these days, the dealerships make more money on used cars than new cars, typically.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:12 PM
clangpap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I've found that calling ahead and making an appointment sends several messages:
- I'm a serious buyer
- I'm not going to waste your time
- Don't waste my time
- I respect you [the salesman] as a professional

This generally works with Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. Not so much at the Toyota place...

Also, remember these guys (salesmen) probably see 20 shoppers before they get one serious looker that might turn into a sale. It takes a good salesman to keep his spirits and enthusiasm up for the next tire kicker. And remember too - these days, the dealerships make more money on used cars than new cars, typically.
This is excellent advice. The first time we went in we wanted to see the "new 991". A salesman approached us, compared it to the previous model and took our names. Each time we went back I made an appointment. Very quickly everyone in the dealership knew us by name, GM, Finance Mgr. etc. If the salesman was away, whomever answered the phone still told us to come in and we'd be looked after in his absence. It also creates a lasting relationship post purchase. I dropped in to get some rubber mats a few weeks ago and the Parts Guy must have called upstairs as the salesman came downstairs to say hello.

Quick Reply: Auto Palace Porsche Pittsburgh