Sponsored by:

PASM front lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by zanwar
Sorry to go off topic but this is just a fantastic pic of a 991. It almost looks computer generated.
Thanks...and far from being computer generated. Just hit the right moment in the day and the metallic paint did its job too...
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the combination of the color, front spoiler w SPASM simply give give this car a more integrated and menacing look at the front (no kit required!)...the next mod on the list are the stock wheel spacers to fill out the wheel wells
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

How easy/hard is it to self install front lip spoiler? Is just a matter of pulling old one off and installing new one, or is there more to it? Any screws or pins, tabs to remove to take old spoiler off? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by chan22
How easy/hard is it to self install front lip spoiler? Is just a matter of pulling old one off and installing new one, or is there more to it? Any screws or pins, tabs to remove to take old spoiler off? Thanks.
I have not removed a standard spoiler. A driveway removed my Sport PASM spoiler once, and I learned that it has no installation hardware of any kind. The spoiler is relatively soft except along the top edge, where the whatever it is made from is stiff and has wedged shaped stubs that snap into receiving holes on the car. A gentle push and it is securely mounted (so long as you don't back down steep driveways perpendicular to the slope).

Mine is scuffed now- so if a concours judge lays on the ground and jams a head under the spoiler or rubs a finder along the bottom I will get points deducted. But I will be in the spectator lot so am not worried. If I were, I would do as was suggested here months ago and buy a six-pack!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
adamj771
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it with spasm and I personally think it is too low. It scrapes on everything and will completely fall off if reversing out of any moderately sloped driveway. I lost it twice and didn't even know until I got home and saw it laying on my driveway. My housekeeper found it the second time. I'm now paranoid it falls off without me realizing. I'm thinking of reordering the regular lip because it seems to have a little more clearance?

And yes...it gets scuffed up pretty quickly. It's fine because I think of it as a "bumper protector."
Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Odo3
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine has all sorts of scrapes. Glad it isn't painted. Driveways, parking lots, some intersection are tough. So far I've only had it come off once - on steep driveway/road intersection. Pops back in relatively easily. Lost one of the tabs in behind, so expect it's days are numbered. I've ordered a replacement to have on standby, for about $100.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Does anybody know how to remove the spoiler lip on the new 991? Research from other forums say all you need to do it to pull it off, but I have been trying and trying, to no avail. I even took of the screws on the bottom, and that did not help. Tried to move it from side to side, front and back, and nothing seems to help. Apparently, it is supposed to be real easy, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Can anyone out there help?? If you have pics of what needs to be done, that would be helpful. Many thanks.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 AM
jdsc
Intermediate

Replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Relatively easy to do as described by other posters. On each side of the spoiler there is an extended section with two holes for locking tabs. Reach under either the right or left side of the spoiler and gently pull down on that section while at the same time firmly pulling forward. Work your way from one side to the other. There are additional tabs spaced about 6" apart and you just need to put enough pressure on them so they will release. Sounds more complicated than it really is. Here is an image of the spoiler and the location to release the tabs is in the vicinity of #11.
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4941/991frontlip.jpg
I have a PASM 991 S and since putting the spoiler on it is much easier to catch than the std. spoiler.
But it sure looks nice compared to the regular spoiler.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Tried this but I just can't get the OEM to release, is there any need to use a flathead screwdriver to push in the tabs while one pulls the spoiler?

Originally Posted by jdsc
Replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Relatively easy to do as described by other posters. On each side of the spoiler there is an extended section with two holes for locking tabs. Reach under either the right or left side of the spoiler and gently pull down on that section while at the same time firmly pulling forward. Work your way from one side to the other. There are additional tabs spaced about 6" apart and you just need to put enough pressure on them so they will release. Sounds more complicated than it really is. Here is an image of the spoiler and the location to release the tabs is in the vicinity of #11.
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/4941/991frontlip.jpg
I have a PASM 991 S and since putting the spoiler on it is much easier to catch than the std. spoiler.
But it sure looks nice compared to the regular spoiler.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM
jdsc
Intermediate

Just start from one side or the other and pull forward. It takes some effort but will come off without any tools or unscrewing any parts. The standard spoiler is a two piece unit and the SPASM is one piece.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i have it, and lowered 10mm below SPASM height, hits on everything, but thats what it is made to do... and why it is easy to pull off and replace.

how did you lower your car another 10mm? Thanks!!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Gene G
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caveatesq1
Anyone know the part number for the SPASM spoiler?

Part number# 991-505-525-01-1E0
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mjshira
how did you lower your car another 10mm? Thanks!!
it's H&R springs on non pasm shocks.. it's about 30mm lower than standard, so 20mm lower than PASM, and 10mm lower than S PASM.

Originally Posted by Gene G
Part number# 991-505-525-01-1E0
yes!, cheap too.. made to be abused... mine came off even a few times with other people driving the car.. snaps right back on..
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Gene G
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to you all for the help. With the help of this forum mine took less than 5 minutes to put the PASAM spoiler on.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:23 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 97c2s993
I too have the S-PASM option (and PDCC) and to my great surprise after 7.5k miles, and living in NYC, I have not yet lost the spoiler nor damaged it. Minor scrapes yes, but nothing threatening. I drive consciously and on steep driveways I make every attempt to approach them 'diagonally' at least to minimize any chance of bottoming. I am pleasantly surprised that it has survived this long!
Hope you guys don't mind a 997.2 owner dropping in, but just wanted to share; I installed the 991 SPASM lip this weekend, albeit not as easily as you 991 owners have done

Old 11-22-2015, 10:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by EMC2
Hope you guys don't mind a 997.2 owner dropping in, but just wanted to share; I installed the 991 SPASM lip this weekend, albeit not as easily as you 991 owners have done

First of all I commend you for searching previous threads and adding to it.

Second of all, do we mind?? Speaking for myself, of course not Your car looks sweet. Thanks for sharing

My question. Did you have to modify anything at all? That's sweet you got it to fit the 997.2

Quick Reply: PASM front lip spoiler