TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

RS version, is there a difference??
Old 06-24-2015, 11:50 AM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No part numbers are available for the RS and according to my sources and never will.
The bar can not be ordered and will only be available on special supply for a Clubsport equipped car with valid SN and fitted package if required as replacement.
Wouldn't be surprised if this is not some new North American DOT, Ministry of Transport regulation and Porsche has to duck.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CanadaRS
is this the GT3 version? do you have part numbers?
GT3 bar is 991 580 103 80
mounting kit is 991 580 995 90
Same numbers for RS.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CS Roll bar

So has anyone gotten this in the U.S.? If so, how? Feel free to PM
Old 06-24-2015, 03:40 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I assume bringing it back as Luggage with yourself is the best bet? I'll make a trip just to pick one up if required, would rather do the welding etc and skip installing an aftermarket one...
Old 06-25-2015, 03:09 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Default ROW and US non CS cars

Originally Posted by Cormid
So has anyone gotten this in the U.S.? If so, how? Feel free to PM
Not yet that I know of, but working on it. If so very expensive around $4K plus shipping.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I assume bringing it back as Luggage with yourself is the best bet? I'll make a trip just to pick one up if required, would rather do the welding etc and skip installing an aftermarket one...
Box and UPS no biggie, but maybe we just ship a pallet with a dozen on them, or copy one a dozen times since Porsche seems to find it prudent not to sell them in the US.
That is if there are more crazies like me who want to do it the hard way and make the car as intended by Porsche, not just put a (Cheaper/Better?!) roll bar in made in the USA or even just a simple harness bar..

So, the hard way; Assuming the part numbers of the OEM CS bar are the same for the CS roll bar for the GT3 and the RS, I am looking for US and ROW cars that do not have the CS package;

Below the roll bar installed in a 2015 GT3 originally installed by Porsche, thanks to Peterfirst who I met yesterday to let me take some photo's and gave me a ride in the GT3 :-) OT, but man the car is so good at everything the RS also, just even better at everything?! May be the ultimate car to cover all bases.

Anyway I would like to see photo's of the plastic trim pieces because if they are not notched out it means removing the plastic pieces, cut them or replace with ROW CS OEM plastic trim pieces. Along with cutting the carpet obviously. Post here or E-mail me: Peter@trakcar.com

GMG and Cantrell have sub strap install solutions, or I copy the German original way of doing it. TBD.

Photo's:
Attached Images     
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Not yet that I know of, but working on it. If so very expensive around $4K plus shipping.

Box and UPS no biggie, but maybe we just ship a pallet with a dozen on them, or copy one a dozen times since Porsche seems to find it prudent not to sell them in the US.
That is if there are more crazies like me who want to do it the hard way and make the car as intended by Porsche, not just put a (Cheaper/Better?!) roll bar in made in the USA or even just a simple harness bar..

So, the hard way; Assuming the part numbers of the OEM CS bar are the same for the CS roll bar for the GT3 and the RS, I am looking for US and ROW cars that do not have the CS package;

Below the roll bar installed in a 2015 GT3 originally installed by Porsche, thanks to Peterfirst who I met yesterday to let me take some photo's and gave me a ride in the GT3 :-) OT, but man the car is so good at everything the RS also, just even better at everything?! May be the ultimate car to cover all bases.

Anyway I would like to see photo's of the plastic trim pieces because if they are not notched out it means removing the plastic pieces, cut them or replace with ROW CS OEM plastic trim pieces. Along with cutting the carpet obviously. Post here or E-mail me: Peter@trakcar.com

GMG and Cantrell have sub strap install solutions, or I copy the German original way of doing it. TBD.

Photo's:
Thanks Peter! Was a real pleasure - looking forward to hit the track together in our cars

have fun

Peter

PS: Good luck with the install!!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Thanks Peter! Was a real pleasure - looking forward to hit the track together in our cars

have fun

Peter

PS: Good luck with the install!!!!
Peter, likewise thank you for everything. See you in Sept :-)
Going back to dual personality - Me commenting on how quiet the car is to making my ears bleed in the tunnel LOL, I don't see how you will keep both the GT3 and the RS!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Soo..

The CS sage for us Americans continues.
I'm usually a path of least resistance kind of guy but when it comes to the Porsches I want things done right.. Not so easy.

While keeping up the kicking of the CS roll bar install in a US car with some help from Rennlisters -Thanks guys- we find out that non club sport cars need to get the plastic cut out to have the bar installed:
Attached Images    

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 06-25-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Now enter my full leather interior option; I think this is a must know for US buyers that will track their RS and intend to put a roll bar in;
I like the full leather option.
But I don't see us cutting a clean hole in the alcantara / leather:

See 2 pics below. I cant see on the configurator where the full leather stops at the bottom. Anyone have real pictures??

And I don't know if I can still change the option if I want to, my car should be frozen....

Maybe a harness bar? Ugh..
Attached Images   
Old 06-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Now enter my full leather interior option; I think this is a must know for US buyers that will track their RS and intend to put a roll bar in;
I like the full leather option.
But I don't see us cutting a clean hole in the alcantara / leather:

See 2 pics below. I cant see on the configurator where the full leather stops at the bottom. Anyone have real pictures??

And I don't know if I can still change the option if I want to, my car should be frozen....

Maybe a harness bar? Ugh..
That lower panel is plastic on full leather cars as well. The leather stops a few inches from the bottom.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
That lower panel is plastic on full leather cars as well. The leather stops a few inches from the bottom.
Thanks, I Googled but could not find a picture anywhere.
That solves the bottom mounting point but not the top one, that indentation is not there.. Different part numbers..

Can anyone check this on PET?
Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was able to cut the leather panels on my car pretty easily. It looked clean too. Cantrell recommends cutting it with a knife before using the drill, but its harder to get a round cut with a knife imo. The drill made a pretty clean cut.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:06 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CS Roll bar

Paramount automotive list the safety cage on their website. Available for purchase $6500. USD. Is this for real?

http://store.paramountauto.com/oe-porsche/99158010380
Old 06-26-2015, 05:08 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Peter, likewise thank you for everything. See you in Sept :-)
Going back to dual personality - Me commenting on how quiet the car is to making my ears bleed in the tunnel LOL, I don't see how you will keep both the GT3 and the RS!

GT3 in a tunnel - always same procedure --> drop to second gear and floor it - lol. Maybe childish but can't resist

Enjoy your time over here

Peter

Quick Reply: CS Roll bar