Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Virtually Undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:55 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rendering or the real deal ? looks possible.....
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2014, 10:56 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Rendering or the real deal?
Not Real...nor Memorex! Nein, there will be no 'Garnet Red' leather interior (see highlighted area of first photo) the back of a Porsche gt3! And that goes double in a gt3 RS! It's all 'black/charcoal' alcantara back there. So obviously not a real photo. However, down the line, a little 'Bordello Red' alcantara' seat inlays & headliners could pop up again in some limited versions of a future RS! There is still a bit of Berlin's 30's 'Cabaret' nostalgia apparently present with Porsche's modern crop of interior designers!

"Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret
Leave you troubles outside!
So - life is disappointing? Forget it!
We have no troubles here! Here life is beautiful...
The girls are beautiful...
Even the orchestra is beautiful!
"

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      
Old 10-25-2014, 12:00 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

The wing and body seems plausible based on mule pics, color aside...
Old 10-25-2014, 12:12 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Eduardo, I think you would be an interesting person to know...
Old 10-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Well, I run a little 'cabaret' of my own here in Carmel. I try to keep a few bottles of Islay Single Malts (mostly Ardbeg, one of the most heavily peated Scotch!) around to serve my 'clientele' at the bar. And I have an extensive collection of Tequilas from Guadalajara and, of course, some genuine Cuban rum from the 'old' country! 'Mike in CA' is one among the few Rennlisters that has sipped some Monterey wine at my 'establishment'! And the entry fee is reasonably priced. But the girls, unfortunately, not so much. So Willkommen!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Originally Posted by Z356
Well, I run a little 'cabaret' of my own here in Carmel. I try to keep a few bottles of Islay Single Malts (mostly Ardbeg, one of the most heavily peated Scotch!) around to serve my 'clientele' at the bar. And I have an extensive collection of Tequilas from Guadalajara and, of course, some genuine Cuban rum from the 'old' country! 'Mike in CA' is one among the few Rennlisters that has sipped some Monterey wine at my 'establishment'! And the entry fee is reasonably priced. But the girls, unfortunately, not so much. So Willkommen!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo is indeed a fascinating person and an exceptional host. It was my privilege to visit his beautiful home in Carmel. Damn nice garage too!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:12 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Last time I was in Carmel, Clint Eastwood was mayor of that fine city. The Hogs Breath Inn was also his establishment, IIRC.

I hope to make a run down there this spring if all goes according to plan. I purchased a used GT3 from Monterey Porsche not that long ago (bought online, sight unseen). It's just a beautiful part of America.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:13 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I run a little 'cabaret' of my own here in Carmel. I try to keep a few bottles of Islay Single Malts (mostly Ardbeg, one of the most heavily peated Scotch!) around to serve my 'clientele' at the bar. And I have an extensive collection of Tequilas from Guadalajara and, of course, some genuine Cuban rum from the 'old' country! 'Mike in CA' is one among the few Rennlisters that has sipped some Monterey wine at my 'establishment'! And the entry fee is reasonably priced. But the girls, unfortunately, not so much. So Willkommen! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
Wow Eduardo! I think you should get those bottles PTS to the current list!......cheers!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:24 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not Real...nor Memorex! Nein, there will be no 'Garnet Red' leather interior (see highlighted area of first photo) the back of a Porsche gt3! And that goes double in a gt3 RS! It's all 'black/charcoal' alcantara back there. So obviously not a real photo. However, down the line, a little 'Bordello Red' alcantara' seat inlays & headliners could pop up again in some limited versions of a future RS! There is still a bit of Berlin's 30's 'Cabaret' nostalgia apparently present with Porsche's modern crop of interior designers!

"Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret
Leave you troubles outside!
So - life is disappointing? Forget it!
We have no troubles here! Here life is beautiful...
The girls are beautiful...
Even the orchestra is beautiful!
"

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

We are going to have to find a way to meet-up. I have been racing at Laguna for the Historics for 25 years and always rent a house in Carmel for the month of August. My in home collection of libation (small and succinct) is highlighted by the aged Talasker. It is at least worth comparing notes... Already planned and reserved for Renn V, October 2015
Old 10-25-2014, 01:32 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eduardo, in fact, are you located on Casanova in Carmel?? I think we may have met (the guy I met had a Targa like yours), I had the 1956 Jaguar D-Type in the garage across the street... If you are the same person this is a VERY small world.

GregJ
Old 10-25-2014, 01:33 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I grew up in Pacific Grove and I'll be up there for Renn V in my new GT3!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by WernerE
Last time I was in Carmel, Clint Eastwood was mayor of that fine city. The Hogs Breath Inn was also his establishment... It's just a beautiful part of America.
Clint is still around, but now as a private citizen, in the area. He sold the 'Hog's Breath' years ago and it has gone down in quality...so I don't recommend it today. But he still owns the 'Mission Ranch' near me that has a very good restaurant attached to it!

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Wow Eduardo! I think you should get those bottles PTS to the current list!......cheers!
One of the few things you don't want in your Single Malt is 'Spirit Caramel' (E150), which is a coloring agent commonly used in the making of Scotch whiskey. So this is one of the few exceptions I make to my love of 'color to sample'. I want these bottles 'Natural Colour' and 'Un-ChillFiltered'!

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Eduardo is indeed a fascinating person and an exceptional host. It was my privilege to visit his beautiful home in Carmel. Damn nice garage too!
Thank you Mike. Love to have you drop by again on your next visit to Carmel!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 10-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bigkraig
I grew up in Pacific Grove and I'll be up there for Renn V in my new GT3!
If I am still around in 2015, we will have to plan a party for Rennlisters coming to the event!

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
We are going to have to find a way to meet-up. I have been racing at Laguna for the Historics for 25 years and always rent a house in Carmel for the month of August. My in home collection of libation (small and succinct) is highlighted by the aged Talasker. It is at least worth comparing notes... Already planned and reserved for Renn V, October 2015
Talisker from the Isle of Skye! I have been known to have a wee dram, or two, on occasions. I love it!

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Eduardo, in fact, are you located on Casanova in Carmel?? I think we may have met (the guy I met had a Targa like yours), I had the 1956 Jaguar D-Type in the garage across the street... If you are the same person this is a VERY small world.

GregJ
No, I live in Carmel Point. But it's a small world never-the-less. Hope to meet up with you at Rennsport V!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-25-2014, 03:51 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

WOW, what a nice collection Eduardo. I feel we must surender our girls at the door, before we sample some of this marvelous collection and enjoy the good company. Mark

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 GT3 RS Virtually Undisguised