Sponsored by:

Shark Werks GT3 Exhaust video

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
To be clear, I like Sharkwerks, and think they make great stuff. I'm just not sure I understand why I'd want my GT3 exhaust to be louder and bring more attention to myself. It was not meant to be a knock against Sharky. I'd be more interested in exhaust pieces that were lighter, added some power (though I doubt you'll get much in a bolt on for the GT3), but had a switch to make them quieter for Laguna.
Not all of us have such an ego that we need attention. I could care less what people think. I like the sound for myself, and I only do things that please me.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I think you got the " attention " department all taken care of driving around with that big wing in the back.
As Alex mentioned,stock GT3s won't pass sound at Laguna Seca,so one might have to use a silencer.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Before I buy I need a comparison of stock to Sharkwerks.

I will say this, I am very impressed as to how Shark is handling this thread. He appears to be a class act. All the more reason I would buy the exhaust once I hear the difference and I find sensory value in swapping.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Go you tube sharkwerks chat with a gt3rs upgrade with Jay Leno driving the beast fully upgraded. Reputable company based on my research.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Before I buy I need a comparison of stock to Sharkwerks. I will say this, I am very impressed as to how Shark is handling this thread. He appears to be a class act. All the more reason I would buy the exhaust once I hear the difference and I find sensory value in swapping.
+1 here.

I've PM'd with Alex in the past and he has always been very responsive and helpful. I have friends with the bypass and other goodies on their 997 GT3s and they all have nothing but good things to say about SW--the products and the people.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:52 PM
TrackFan
Banned

The dyno results are on his web site.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I want to hear a 991GT3 exhaust and compare it to a 991GT3 exhaust that has Sharkwerks. Listening to a 997GT3 exhaust does little for me.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
To be clear, I like Sharkwerks, and think they make great stuff. I'm just not sure I understand why I'd want my GT3 exhaust to be louder and bring more attention to myself. It was not meant to be a knock against Sharky. I'd be more interested in exhaust pieces that were lighter, added some power (though I doubt you'll get much in a bolt on for the GT3), but had a switch to make them quieter for Laguna.
hey no worries at all! Knock the shark but just don't chop his fins off and eat the soup is all I ask

But as stated earlier making anything much lighter will induce drone/resonance and be overly loud sadly...

Originally Posted by TrackFan
Not all of us have such an ego that we need attention. I could care less what people think. I like the sound for myself, and I only do things that please me.
Hah my wing is bigger than need I know The color is silly too:

Originally Posted by neanicu
I think you got the " attention " department all taken care of driving around with that big wing in the back.
As Alex mentioned,stock GT3s won't pass sound at Laguna Seca,so one might have to use a silencer.
Sadly not even a stock turbo will pass these days let alone a GT3. Got to lift and/or wire the valves shut and/or use some side angled tips;( See above for attention hah!

Before I buy I need a comparison of stock to Sharkwerks.

I will say this, I am very impressed as to how Shark is handling this thread. He appears to be a class act. All the more reason I would buy the exhaust once I hear the difference and I find sensory value in swapping.
Thank you Nick. Much appreciated and you're right I really need to do something like this which we did back in the day:

I don't have footage of two side by side as above (yet) we've only had cars come in one by one at this point with them being off the road so long and gradually coming back.... But I'll try to make something useful with the ones that did already come through and/or _focus_ on just that stock vs shark-a-fied. And we're really only interested in making people smile so if for whatever reason they don't we rewind no questions

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Go you tube sharkwerks chat with a gt3rs upgrade with Jay Leno driving the beast fully upgraded. Reputable company based on my research.
That was a fun trip. That garage is as good/better than any car museum I've ever been to. I felt like I was 5-7 years old all over again.

Originally Posted by 0Q991
+1 here.

I've PM'd with Alex in the past and he has always been very responsive and helpful. I have friends with the bypass and other goodies on their 997 GT3s and they all have nothing but good things to say about SW--the products and the people.
Thank you mate again very kind of you:P Dan/James are good but not so sure about me

Originally Posted by TrackFan
The dyno results are on his web site.
Roger that but as always 5-6hp is nothing to write home about nor is it Earth-shattering. I think we really just wanted to show that with the correct diameter tubing/design you do _not_ affect back pressure adversely enough to warrant any kind of tq loss at any level.

The race/track style exhaust is a different beast but it's made for track cars that don't sit below 4.5k rpms too much. Otherwise you can loose a little when reducing back pressure a bunch. We try to include ear plugs for that set up:P

I want to hear a 991GT3 exhaust and compare it to a 991GT3 exhaust that has Sharkwerks. Listening to a 997GT3 exhaust does little for me.
Aye I'll get my skates on for that. I know we had some early footage late last year before the recall of 3-4 white ones and going forward I'll try to do something like above. Interestingly the part numbers for the side mufflers are the same as the 997gt3 and the center is almost identical. However the engine is quite different and with the pdk it also sounds quite different too as you said.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 PM
TrackFan
Banned

I pick the green one.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shark werks: how about a silencer of sorts that can temporarily be installed at track days, like Laguna Seca? Everyone that goes to Laguna Seca needs a solution. I am looking for one and if it was plug and play with your exhaust it would be a no brainer.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:14 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
Shark werks: how about a silencer of sorts that can temporarily be installed at track days, like Laguna Seca? Everyone that goes to Laguna Seca needs a solution. I am looking for one and if it was plug and play with your exhaust it would be a no brainer.
+1. I ordered the SW bypass 2 weeks ago through my local shop. Would order a silencer for tracks with rules.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

All, to each their own but lets not deter Companies with after market products, who cater to us, display their products and provide videos ect.. There are very reputable Companies with excellent products that are keeping us abreast as to what is available. And there are not so desirable ones'. The good thing is we can weed them out on this forum and share our experiences and points of views.

I will say this; the stock exhaust is awesome and 70% of those who buy a GT3 will not want this product. But, if you like that extra roar then this is a very strong consideration with a great reputation and Customer Service.

I hope many other vendors and advocates continue to display their products because it is very interesting to me.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Before I buy I need a comparison of stock to Sharkwerks. I will say this, I am very impressed as to how Shark is handling this thread. He appears to be a class act. All the more reason I would buy the exhaust once I hear the difference and I find sensory value in swapping.
+991
Old 07-30-2014, 03:05 AM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

I've ordered one each of the bypass exhaust and also the track exhaust from Alex for my 991 GT3 here in Aus. Should be shipping next week. Absolutely top company to deal with, prompt replies to all enquiries and couldn't be more helpful. I'll post up some video's comparing the stock 991 GT3 exhaust to the bypass and track version when they are fitted up.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM
sk0t
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slip
I've ordered one each of the bypass exhaust and also the track exhaust from Alex for my 991 GT3 here in Aus. Should be shipping next week. Absolutely top company to deal with, prompt replies to all enquiries and couldn't be more helpful. I'll post up some video's comparing the stock 991 GT3 exhaust to the bypass and track version when they are fitted up.
Oh, cool; I'll be keen to hear it when we catch up

Scott.
-------
2014 991 GT3 - in Adelaide. Mine in a day or so!
2007 Audi RS4
1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Quick Reply: Shark Werks GT3 Exhaust video