Sponsored by:

is this anyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:42 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,089 Likes on 5,258 Posts

What I really want to know is what in the world is playing on the stereo.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:12 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,381 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
This kind of behavior pisses me off and gives Porsche driver's a bad name. One of the worst offenders of this type of behavior is actually one of the most beloved people in the Porsche community, Magnus Walker! Anyone that knows the back roads of Angeles Crest Hwy or Mulholland and it's surrounding roads knows how dangerous they can be, crossing the double yellow is just an idiot move! Whoever this is, I'm sure you'll see it, STOP! Don't be that guy. The live you save, may just be your own.
Magnus is a terribly irresponsible driver, plenty of evidence to support his careless attitude behind the wheel
Old 12-26-2016, 11:42 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,843 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
WOW! You all guys just pissed your pants just because he overtook a lane of ***** drivers?
He just lost his patience.
have you had a major headon collision? prolly not.
i have.
try it sometimes, then your tune will change.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Unfortunately, between the tweakers and the a-hole wanna be racer boys, this is all too common in the mountains around here. I've been riding motos and driving in the mountains around here for 22 years and have just about seen it all. Surprisingly, the second worst move I ever saw was from some douchebag in a gorgeous CGT who double yellowed at speed in heavy traffic on a Sunday afternoon. But for the grace of God nobody was killed that day.
ah... the red one.
that car does it up down 84. 35, 92 all the time. it has dropped a few motorcycles.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 282 Posts

The man could use a shower and a haircut.
Sorry...
Old 12-27-2016, 02:11 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Idiot
Old 12-27-2016, 02:54 PM
wamzM3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dumbass

man he would have easily ended a motocyclist life right there and for what...just too show off his teenage driving skills. Quit frankly he needs to be reported to CHP because he will kill somebody one day just a matter of time
Old 12-27-2016, 03:08 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

WOW! You all guys just pissed your pants just because he overtook a lane of ***** drivers?
He just lost his patience.
You're an incredible idiot, if youve never driven that Canyon road (I have multiple times) someone could have been killed or at least wrecked because of his selfishness & stupidity, here's a clearer screencap of his license plate.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:36 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 297 Likes on 147 Posts

This is nothing new. A holes like this are the reason I really avoid canyon runs. Its just too reckless and not worth my life. I know these cars are meant to take it like a king, but ill just take it to track. Fast forward to 2:30 for the incident

Old 12-27-2016, 04:58 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The USA definitely needs better/more aware drivers.

Help educate, save lives. California Motor Vehicle Code 21656

If there are five or more cars behind you, then you must pull off the road and allow them to pass. This makes driving safe for the drivers behind you who are anxious to pass and makes you a more polite and courteous driver.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Not defending the behavior but I suspect the driver was viewing/observing the road ahead during various times the road ahead was visible to ensure no oncoming traffic.

I understand this technique is quite common in Europe in areas where there is a lot of mountain roads and a lot of drivers doing day in and day out mountain road driving but less common here as many USA drivers seldom experience mountain driving and when they do are loathe to violate the solid yellow line or even just pass on a "blind" curve. To the unknowing someone employing this techique can appear to have a death wish but once becomes accustomed to seeing this it becomes less scary.

(I have used this look ahead technique a few times just to experience it but that is all. A problem is a driver may take offense at being overtaken and move out to block one or call in a driving report and one then gets pulled over down the road.)

Still with all the traffic it is not really going to buy him much. Where it could come in handy is passing a lone slower moving vehicle.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:27 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

^not trying to pick on you, but if anyone has a special "technique", the place to use it is the track, imo. Anything else called a technique that involves crossing double yellows in a place like Angeles Crest is purely hazard creation. I wonder if there is anyone that would cross a double yellow and not look ahead, so it seems that this technique is widely used by every idiot overtaking in blind spots, so not that special anyway.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:58 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanSD
This is nothing new. A holes like this are the reason I really avoid canyon runs. Its just too reckless and not worth my life. I know these cars are meant to take it like a king, but ill just take it to track. Fast forward to 2:30 for the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y69ZPfplKbE
Yeah, that was really scary. Incident. I had to hold my breath at 2:30.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:05 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Not defending the behavior but I suspect the driver was viewing/observing the road ahead during various times the road ahead was visible to ensure no oncoming traffic.

I understand this technique is quite common in Europe in areas where there is a lot of mountain roads and a lot of drivers doing day in and day out mountain road driving but less common here as many USA drivers seldom experience mountain driving and when they do are loathe to violate the solid yellow line or even just pass on a "blind" curve. To the unknowing someone employing this techique can appear to have a death wish but once becomes accustomed to seeing this it becomes less scary.

(I have used this look ahead technique a few times just to experience it but that is all. A problem is a driver may take offense at being overtaken and move out to block one or call in a driving report and one then gets pulled over down the road.)

Still with all the traffic it is not really going to buy him much. Where it could come in handy is passing a lone slower moving vehicle.
to "pass on a blind curve" is brain dead in any country. I do agree that overtaking on single lane roads is common in europe but in this case the driver was taking a risk with their life and other road users - had the oncoming car been traveling at a higher speed or the gap he pulled into been smaller it could have been ugly.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:19 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 297 Likes on 147 Posts

Yeah, that was really scary. Incident. I had to hold my breath at 2:30.

I think i know the owner of that turbo s. not many yellow ones with aftermarket hre wheels...
Old 12-27-2016, 11:36 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want open road, just pull over and let a big gap open up. Really you should just take it to the race track.

Quick Reply: is this anyone here?