Sponsored by:

New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:31 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doba_s
That's insane ... So they would have to pull your dash and all interior pieces apart to get the new parts fitted ?

You should keep Black stitching it's $5300 option
It's the 997 RS stripe on the exterior they got wrong. Ordered silver got black. Not a big job to replace but I paid for and wanted it to be a factory installation. I ordered yellow stitching and they got that right.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:42 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBill
It's the 997 RS stripe on the exterior they got wrong. Ordered silver got black. Not a big job to replace but I paid for and wanted it to be a factory installation. I ordered yellow stitching and they got that right.
Oops sorry was reading while driving and didnt' see it was striping ... should be an easy fix
Old 01-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

needmoregarage,
Congratulations on the UV RS. I'd go with your idea on tint.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been out of the loop sick as a dog for a few days and wanted to say congrats to a few of you folks who took delivery - all of the cars look amazing , but Carol gets the prize for the best presentation - great eye for the color match on your nails ! I got the call this afternoon and even though I'm still under the weather I ran down to see it . They got the order 100 % correct . I'll post picks soon . Relieved that GT Silver looks great with Guards Red . Pictures do neither color any justice
Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by balighshaikh
Gorgeous!
What does Xpel call this wrap? Satin Xpel?
This finish is called "Xpel Stealth", it turns any factory paint color "satin". Also has self healing abilities which heal light abrasions and common wear and tear.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
needmoregarage,
Congratulations on the UV RS. I'd go with your idea on tint.
Thanks. We're going to have the Xpel guy give us his thoughts but we are leaning toward a dark tint that will still allow reflection.

Originally Posted by Four Liter
I've been out of the loop sick as a dog for a few days and wanted to say congrats to a few of you folks who took delivery - all of the cars look amazing , but Carol gets the prize for the best presentation - great eye for the color match on your nails ! I got the call this afternoon and even though I'm still under the weather I ran down to see it . They got the order 100 % correct . I'll post picks soon . Relieved that GT Silver looks great with Guards Red . Pictures do neither color any justice
Thanks B! So sorry to hear you've been sick. Rotten timing (not that there's ever a good time to be sick). Glad you got to see the car and that you're happy with the colors. I'm sure it's a stunning combo and look forward to photos! Feel better!!!

Oops sorry was reading while driving and didnt' see it was striping ... should be an easy fix
READING WHILE DRIVING!??? Please don't do this!! Hate to lose you from the forum! Safety first!

Originally Posted by disden
Track car? More like grocery getter! Hey, any excuse to get this new bad boy out on a 60 degree winter day in Indiana.
Luv the grocery getter! Good for you! Like you say....any excuse! Very nice looking young man!!

Originally Posted by bronson7
needmoregarage, I realize you can get bumper plugs painted UV, but I like your idea better of just tinting them darker.
As you suggest we'll go with dark tint. Thanks!

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
TAG Motorsports sells them painted. Or you could dark tint. Or you could use black vinyl.

If it was me....I'd get the painted ones. Then I'd put a light-medium tint on the taillights.

No matter what you do, it will be great!!!!!
Paint is too permanent. We want to be able to easily put it back to stock. It doesn't have to be black or body color - I just don't want red. I want them to "disappear" so the eye isn't drawn to that area. If there was other red on the car I wouldn't care - but I love the tail lights as they somewhat tie in to the "silver" contrast theme. The red doesn't belong.

Keep it as is! Or get a set or painted ones. I like to keep things original
We generally don't go too crazy with mods. On the other hand it can be nice to personalize it to some degree. With tint covering the reflector it'll still reflect (a little) and we can easily peel off the tint and put it back to stock. But I know what you mean...
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Well, after doing some poking at my dealer, it seems my RS is finally going to be loaded on a Reliable transport today at the Port of Jacksonville and is projected to arrive at my dealership in Houston on Saturday. It had been offloaded from the Goodwood, PDI'd, and pronounced ready for transport last Tuesday the 17th, but there had been no new information until I started the poking yesterday. Things finally got moving when the dealer called the main Porsche guy at the Port of Houston facility who then got ahold of someone at the Porsche Jacksonville facility. I still don't know why the car got offloaded at Jacksonville in the first place when the Goodwood was going on to Houston after it left Jacksonville anyway.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:11 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Happy to report that the CXX issue is being taken care of and got resolved within 1 day! Glad to see Porsche is being on top to make things right ... Car got finally unwrapped and PDIed.
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2017, 06:13 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another UV, priceless.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:31 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 932 Likes on 535 Posts

glad to hear that cxx issue resolved
car looks great
Old 01-24-2017, 08:32 PM
balighshaikh
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimAD
This finish is called "Xpel Stealth", it turns any factory paint color "satin". Also has self healing abilities which heal light abrasions and common wear and tear.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:41 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Happy to report that the CXX issue is being taken care of and got resolved within 1 day! Glad to see Porsche is being on top to make things right ... Car got finally unwrapped and PDIed.
Glad to hear it was resolved in a timely manner and hope you enjoy the car!

Fingers are crossed that mine shows up as ordered. Will find out Feb 21st.

Would love to see pics of the seats if/when you get around to posting.

Vivian
Old 01-27-2017, 12:16 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

My dealer just called and advised that my RS is due to arrive this morning (a day earlier than last projected), so I am picking it up this afternoon! Pics to follow!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:49 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

As promised
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2017, 12:11 AM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Congrats on the new RS!

Quick Reply: New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting