Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Porsche 991 GT3 BBi Exhaust Bypass Installation

Attachment 1344394

Porsche 991 GT3 StreetCup Exhaust Installation at BBi Autosport

(Click on images for higher resolution)

Wrapping up another busy week here at BBi Autosport, our shop is completely filled mostly Porsche 911 GT3 models. Most are in for our popular StreetCup suspension, exhaust, and roll bar upgrades. Thanks to the overwhelming support & patrongage of Rennlist members, we are busier than ever.

We took delivery of our new client's newly acquired white Porsche 991 GT3 this week and began working on it today. To start off, we removed the bulky OEM side mufflers and upgraded it with our BBi StreetCup Exhaust Bypass to reduce weight and deliver an aggressive exhaust note that matches the car's race-bred DNA. Here are some pictures of installation in progress:

For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com
- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

About BBi Autosport

Based in Southern California, we are a Porsche tuner and parts manufacturer. BBi Autosport was founded in the summer of 2005 with the mission of bringing artistry and craft to the Porsche tuning industry. We are committed to producing proven performance upgrades that are manufactured to the highest quality standards. With our new bigger facility, new staff and new product catalog this year, we are a one-stop shop and excited to offer everything from race car builds to scheduled factory maintenance.

With over 30 years of combined motorsport history, BBi’s operation is truly unique. Racing traditions run deep here at BBi Autosport. As the company's founder and technical director, Betim Berisha has worked in Racing for many years at prestigious events like the 24 Hours of Lemans and 24 Hours of Daytona. First for Fordhal Motorsport working on their GT3RS and Saleen S7 in ALMS and Grand Am series, Alex Job Racing on their ALMS GT3RSR, J3 Racing working on their GT3RSR and then Porsche Motorsports North America as their dyno tech an supporting Porsche teams at ALMS, Grand Am, Speed World Challenge events. Sharing the same passions, most of BBi's support and shop staff have also previously worked for other motorsport programs. Being a one-stop shop, BBi Autosport is equipped to offer everything from hand-built hard goods to championship-winning GT3 Cup Cars.

For up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBiAutosport
[/FONT]

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OEM Side Mufflers Visible from underneath vehicle

Bumper removed

OEM Side mufflers removed

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 10-09-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:49 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Perfect timing for "Fabrication Friday". Next, here are pictures of our BBi Porsche 991 GT3 StreetCup Exhaust bypass meticulously handcrafted in our fabrication department.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 10-10-2015, 04:00 AM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will side muffler delete creat more heat to center muffler? I have a rs coming worrying about if I go with side muffler delete the stock ti center exhaust will crack
Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman32
Will side muffler delete creat more heat to center muffler? I have a rs coming worrying about if I go with side muffler delete the stock ti center exhaust will crack
It would be good if someone could detail if they fundamentally changed the design of the center muffler with the 991rs compared to the 997. The 991rs I saw had an akro so couldn't tell.

If it's same or similar, I would get a steel center if you run bypass and plan to track the car. Every 997rs I saw had cracked center mufflers That had track time. They blow out on the back side.

Steel are much much more durable, along with the 997 cup muffler which is same but tips are welded on and no top holes.

For street use I will guess you'd have no issues. Track if muffler is similar to 997 cracking is a risk with side bypass.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:25 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Old 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Old 10-15-2015, 08:11 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default very happy!

Betim, Jerry and the rest of the crew at BBi- Just drove the car home from your shop and must say that it exceeds my expectations. The exhaust sounds just right and this basic mod remedied one of the only deficiencies (to me at least) of the 991 GT3- the very muted and muffled exhaust sound.

I was concerned that it may be too loud for street driving or that there would be excessive drone, but didn't find that to be the case.

Thanks for a job well done!

Quick Reply: Porsche 991 GT3 BBi Exhaust Bypass Installation