Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 headlights upgrade options at present

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 11:05 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Here are some outdoor pics of my car with the LED H4's from Amazon. The low and high functionality works as intended and the total light output is greatly improved
Attached Images   
Old 02-01-2017, 08:54 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

KOTYKB- don't need to see before pictures - you are putting a lot more light now !
Nicely done. I'm sure visability Is much improve now ?
Old 02-25-2017, 02:16 PM
wallra
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Default headlights

just installed these monday.
Attached Images    
Old 02-25-2017, 02:33 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AKB991
KOTYKB- don't need to see before pictures - you are putting a lot more light now !
Nicely done. I'm sure visability Is much improve now ?
The visibility is much improved, its not as good as with my Audi Q5 with projector HID's but for simply adding LED bulbs, its a big improvement. I highly recommend the upgrade
Old 02-25-2017, 04:24 PM
jaudette3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Low Price Quality LED Assemblies: $499.00

I have been selling a lot of these at Pelican Parts and have been remiss in not mentioning them here. While not as cheap as LED "inserts" or bulbs I think they offer much higher performance.

I've commented before that I'm not a big fan of China made technology parts. But I keep getting besieged by emails from Chinese manufacturers offering incredibly low priced LED headlamps. I've researched a number of them and one brand received strong reviews, especially from Harley owners, so I decided to try a pair.

They appear to work well, bright with good light pattern. And the workmanship seems to be better than average for the Chinese LEDs that I have examined (many sets that I sent all back).

These are a great low cost alternative to the U.S. made JW Speaker LEDs that I offer. In fact, it's hard to tell them apart in appearance or performance.

$499.00 plus shipping for clear lenses - $80.00 extra for fluted (Bosch H1) lenses, $75.00 extra for chrome or black trim rings.

These are complete and plug and play and I've sold a number of sets to 964 owners.

Thanks,
John
The following users liked this post:
BLU 60 (08-22-2022)
Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 PM
jaudette3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a short video from someone who recently installed these - says he will be buying another set.

Chinese LEDs in Action | Audette Collection: The Definitive Resource on Vintage Porsche 911 Lighting - click on shady.mov

Cheers,
John
Old 02-25-2017, 06:06 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Has anyone seen the leds that have a yellow running light in the lower half of housing? It is about the size of a quarter.
I saw it a while back on someone's build thread but I can't find it now. It was cool looking because I think you could run just the yellow light as a driving light. Not sure if it is legal in the U.S. but neither is driving one of these things at triple digits!
Any help with finding these would be much appreciated.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:57 AM
onceover
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you thinking of the city light in the H4 headlights?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:56 PM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you post a link to where these are posted and the video you posted does not show up in the link.

thanks
John

Originally Posted by jaudette3
I have been selling a lot of these at Pelican Parts and have been remiss in not mentioning them here. While not as cheap as LED "inserts" or bulbs I think they offer much higher performance.

I've commented before that I'm not a big fan of China made technology parts. But I keep getting besieged by emails from Chinese manufacturers offering incredibly low priced LED headlamps. I've researched a number of them and one brand received strong reviews, especially from Harley owners, so I decided to try a pair.

They appear to work well, bright with good light pattern. And the workmanship seems to be better than average for the Chinese LEDs that I have examined (many sets that I sent all back).

These are a great low cost alternative to the U.S. made JW Speaker LEDs that I offer. In fact, it's hard to tell them apart in appearance or performance.

$499.00 plus shipping for clear lenses - $80.00 extra for fluted (Bosch H1) lenses, $75.00 extra for chrome or black trim rings.

These are complete and plug and play and I've sold a number of sets to 964 owners.

Thanks,
John
The following users liked this post:
BLU 60 (08-22-2022)
Old 02-26-2017, 04:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

I have been selling a lot of these at Pelican Parts and have been remiss in not mentioning them here. While not as cheap as LED "inserts" or bulbs I think they offer much higher performance. I've commented before that I'm not a big fan of China made technology parts. But I keep getting besieged by emails from Chinese manufacturers offering incredibly low priced LED headlamps. I've researched a number of them and one brand received strong reviews, especially from Harley owners, so I decided to try a pair. They appear to work well, bright with good light pattern. And the workmanship seems to be better than average for the Chinese LEDs that I have examined (many sets that I sent all back). These are a great low cost alternative to the U.S. made JW Speaker LEDs that I offer. In fact, it's hard to tell them apart in appearance or performance. $499.00 plus shipping for clear lenses - $80.00 extra for fluted (Bosch H1) lenses, $75.00 extra for chrome or black trim rings. These are complete and plug and play and I've sold a number of sets to 964 owners. Thanks, John
Can the beam be adjusted for right hand drive markets?
Old 09-30-2017, 03:30 PM
sooner964
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You will find complete information about my JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 headlight assemblies at my website:

http://www.audettecollection.com/leds-for-porsches/

Please feel free to contact me for more information or to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,
John
I've been using John's JW Speaker kit for about 1.5 years now and I've been very satisfied with their performance. The low beams put out more light than the H5 Sylvannia Silver Stars I previously was using on high beam, and the highs light up a lot of real-estate. I don't have any pictures from while driving, but I can take some. The pics on John"s page definitely illustrate the difference. Visually they look nice, and they were very well put together. Probably should have reviewed sooner, but I guess this could be considered a "long-term test". Installation was not too bad. The hardest part was bending back the H5 mounting tabs inside the headlight bucket - takes a lot of force! Hammers were involved... But the lighting upgrade has been well worth it.
Attached Images    

Last edited by sooner964; 09-30-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:21 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Can anyone just confirm that these are the bulbs everyone is talking about? H4 option, obviously. But the Amazon link previously posted is dead. They look the same to me...

Amazon Amazon

Only a related note, can anyone help shed some light (hehe) on the difference between these two clear lenses? Are they both H4 compatible? I can't even tell if they are glass or poly?

http://www.stoddard.com/64463111131-nla.html

http://www.stoddard.com/64463111131.html
Old 11-30-2017, 12:08 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Bump for the above questions. Anyone have insight to offer?
Old 11-30-2017, 08:54 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Just installed my Flat 6 Illumination LED lights last night. Had the rings come primed and had a buddy paint them to match. I'm surprised pretty much every set of retrofit lights I see does not have body matched trim rings. Anyway, these were just plug and play, very simple installation and I couldn't be happier with the appearance and performance of the lights. Think these look a lot better than many of the sets I've seen. Service/communication from Francois was perfect.

I did go with the black reflectors which give it a little meaner look on the car. All the parts of this kit are modular so you can mix and match to fit your taste. I *may* try the silver reflectors at some point, but digging this so far.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:05 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Looks amazing! Now fix that frown!

Quick Reply: 964 headlights upgrade options at present