Sponsored by:

964 C4 Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:34 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poli84
I wasn't sure about the Linen until I saw it in the flesh.
I will be trying my hand at a Dynamix Dies leather kit to freshen up the leather soon, will report back with the results.

How is the carpet around your back seats?
Mine has discoloured due to the factory glue.
G'day mate. Congrats on the car. I have the linen too. I always intended to swap it out and have a number of quotes to do so. That said, it has kinda grown on me over the last few months i've owned the car

Mine are discoloured as well
Old 10-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Poli84
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
G'day mate. Congrats on the car. I have the linen too. I always intended to swap it out and have a number of quotes to do so. That said, it has kinda grown on me over the last few months i've owned the car

Mine are discoloured as well
Hey mate, thanks very much.
Is that your car in the avatar? If so, very nice!

I had planned on replacing the Linen also but couldn't imagine doing so now, once it is back to factory fresh, i think it will look great.

I also found some images online of linen leather with midnight blue carpets and I think it looked terrible. That was my decision to keep and restore the linen.

What sort of quotes were you looking at to replace and what were your intentions?
I think I need all new back carpet pieces but the fronts are looking good. I'm hoping the Dynamix Dyes will fix the leather discolouration due to age.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:22 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Car looks great and a definite improvement with Cup1s and removal of the Carreras decals
Old 10-30-2014, 11:21 AM
jorijori
Instructor

Nice car & great color! It must have been nice driving from Brisbane to Melbourne, I was on holiday & drove around in the Gold Coast & Brisbane area this July and I kept telling myself how I wish I was driving my 911 there. The roads are great and the views are gorgeous (mountains pass & shorelines). I did not see any 911s though when I was there.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Poli84
Hey mate, thanks very much.
Is that your car in the avatar? If so, very nice!

I had planned on replacing the Linen also but couldn't imagine doing so now, once it is back to factory fresh, i think it will look great.

I also found some images online of linen leather with midnight blue carpets and I think it looked terrible. That was my decision to keep and restore the linen.

What sort of quotes were you looking at to replace and what were your intentions?
I think I need all new back carpet pieces but the fronts are looking good. I'm hoping the Dynamix Dyes will fix the leather discolouration due to age.
Thanks, yep that's my car. The pic was from last weekend. I'm looking at a full re-trim except headlining which is dark already and in great condition. Currently i'm thinking black leather picked out with red stitching. Mind you, not all the stitching areas as that may be a bit overwhelming. Bespoke carpets in a higher quality and finer pile than the Sliverknit. The sound deadening will be replaced with dynomat. I'm still not sure if i'll keep the front seats or replace with Pole Positions. Its only a little more expensive to import the Recaros. Momo Mod 07 steering wheel.

All that said i'm going to do as you did, steam clean the carpets and leatherique the trim and see how that looks. Black/Linen is a rare combo and it does give the cabin an airier feel
Old 11-01-2014, 05:35 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Glad to hear you got your first real finicky DIY done - guages are tricky.
Nice job .. and welcome ... the linen is great with that superb blue!

and I like the way the carrera script is tucked under/behind the sharks fin.
ps - if you see my early pics, my shift gater and shifter were linen (like the handbrake) too
Old 11-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Feudal Serf
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple pics of my interior,
definitely some staining due to glue as others have mentioned.

Been thinking about a refresh but the linen has grown on me.

cheers
FS

Old 03-20-2015, 02:35 AM
Poli84
Instructor

My main focus of late has been fixing the idle issues.
2 problems.

1. Hard start from cold (would always stall on first attempt).
2. Idle dip when coming to a stop.

I replaced the Idle Control Valve (or ISV) which corrected the hard start problem and this week and I changed the O2 sensor.
Unfortunately when connecting the battery back, the idle settings were lost and I had a hunting idle that rendered the car undriveable (as had happened the last time I disconnected the negative terminal).

An idle-adaption fixed the problem last time but I had to drive around with the O2 unplugged to regain any driveability which seriously hampered performance.

After installing the new O2, connecting the battery and the idle being all over the shop, I went back to my mechanic for another idle-adaption but it would not take.

I got my hands on a BergvillFX adapter and downloaded the software this morning, ran the tests and was able to perform an adaption eventually after multiple refusals as per photo below.
I'm now finding that approximately every second start will result in the idle hunting but it settles down once I get driving. Slight idle drop when coming to a halt but an improvement and the car is now driveable.
It's actually pulling like a freight train so very enjoyable to drive.

The diagnostic from the Bergvill has identified some underlying issues which I was hoping the new ISV or O2 would cure but alas, there remains still an intake problem.

Here are the photos of my diagnostic, can anyone with some experience translate these figures for me or offer some advice?

Old 03-20-2015, 06:18 AM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice car mate - good purchase !

Quick Reply: 964 C4 Melbourne