Help with the chutch pedal and micro switch positions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 PM
sschultze09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the chutch pedal and micro switch positions

Hello All
My cruise control has never work since I bought the car several years ago. I am now down to a short list of issues so I thought I would try to tackle this one. I read every post I could on the subject and found that if the clutch pedal does not return fully the micro switch will not make. And this causes the cruise control not to work. So I tried pulling the clutch pedal all the way back while driving and wahla the cruise works. Took the wooden plate off to see what's going on and that is where I got stuck. Should the clutch petal return all the way back? Mine has about an inch of play is that normal? Or does the lever on the micro switch just need a little tweak so it makes in the current position. Is there an adjustment to the clutch petal itself to return fully.
Not sure what I should do / check next.

TIA
Attached Images  

Last edited by sschultze09; 10-20-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

The brake pedal switch has an adjustment on it. The clutch switch is adjusted by bending the switch arm. If you are having problems with the pedal not returning all the way, I would suspect your roll pin may be worn or crushed. You should have 3/4" of play at the top of the pedal travel. I would use the thread below to overhaul your pedal cluster. It makes a big difference and the cost is reasonable.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l-cluster.html
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 PM
sschultze09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Rob
Scratch one off my list and add another.

Quick Reply: Help with the chutch pedal and micro switch positions