Sponsored by:

Carpet Replacement Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Long Duck Dong
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carpet Replacement Question

I have a 90' C2 Cab. Does anyone know if a 90-94 Coupe carpet kit would or wouldn't fit? I was going to order a carpet kit off of Ebay from that Appbiz guy, but he doesn't ever answer questions when I e-mail him regarding whether or not it will work.

Any other source for carpet kits would be appreciated too.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they don't answer questions... I'd steer clear! That's your first warning sign!

I'd order from a reputable place... i think there was a thread not too long ago with suggestions as to where to order carpet kits.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:24 AM
greenjt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donger -

WHile i haven't ordered anything from Appbiz, we did exchange some e-mails and he seemed pretty darn responsive and promptly sent me a carpet sample. I am still thinking about a new carpet kit but have been too busy to get to the list of projects in front of carpet.

Are you going to go Domestic or German fiber? I have samples of each. I don't know if i biased myself but i think the German feels/looks better but my totally unbaised wife prefers the look/feel of the domestic - i think i need to run a study with a more statistically significant sample size. Unfortunately for me, with the Champagne interior there is a fairly significant difference in color between the two.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Long Duck Dong
Instructor

But does anyone know if the Coupe and Cabriolet use the same kit??

I don't think that AppBiz guy not legit, looks like he sells tons of carpet kits on EBay and has a good rating. I better check my e-mail spam filter, I wonder if his responses have been getting hung up there.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:01 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

What's happening, hot stuff?
The carpet for the Coupe and the Cabriolet is the same except for in the rear.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Long Duck Dong
Instructor

As I suspected AOL put his e-mail in my spam folder. He said they are different and should have a Cab kit available in a week or two.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Jason is right, the carpet is exactly the same, just entirely different. The rear of the cab is carpeted and the rear of the coupe is pannelled. If they do not offer a cab kit that includes the extra pieces you need, you could just choose to re-use the ones that you have. But if you are going to pay for a kit, it should include everything you need.

Duncan
Old 05-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Tinwan
Instructor

Default Carpet replacement

I just replacing mine completely now. I have a C4 coupe, if you want a perfect job, Dave Nunn has the Porsche OEM sliverknit carpet and all the original templates for exact fit. The components between the interiors differ so you need to order the exact vehicle type ie Cab, Targa or Coupe.
Dave Nunn
SOUTHBOUND CAR TRIMMERS & UPHOLSTERY CONTRACTORS
LITTLE DEAN YARD,
LONDON ROAD
STOCKBRIDGE,
HAMPSHIRE
SO20 6EL
UK
Telephone: +44 - 1264810080
EMAIL- southbound@ukgateway.net
Cheers, Mark
Old 05-18-2005, 06:32 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a carpet set from Appbiz just to get hold of the parts in the rear to get a RS-style instead of the rearseats. (you can't order the real rear RS-carpet from Porsche anymore)

The first set that arrived had the wrong colour but a quick phone call and the right set was on it's way. I got god information, quick response from Appbiz and the carpets looks good!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Rob McConnell
Racer

Hi

How much was the postage to Sweden??

Thks
Rob
91 964 Cab
66 912 Coupe
Jersey, UK
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Rob, I'm not sure but I think it was something like 55 USD. The box was rather big and it just took 6-7 days so I think it was OK.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Rob McConnell
Racer

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the reply, i have mailed a couple of times for postage and had no reply. I will try him again.

What style did you go for german or domestic fibre??

Thks
Rob
91 964 Cab
66 912 Coupe
Old 05-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Rob,
I've tried emailing as well with no response (I want to do exactly as Thomas has done, but actually go one step further and replace the front section too.) One thing did occur to me, I suppose all of the carpet sets he produces are for LHD cars - so the front will be useless, so I was thinking about getting him to send blank carpet and have the front section made up by a coach trimmer over here using my existing carpets as a template. This will still work out a lot cheaper than having Southbound do the whole job !
I guess we're just going to have to pick up the phone. I would offer to order at the same time and split the shipping costs, but as you're in Jersey that doesn't seem to make much sense !!!

Jamie
Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Rob, good question...I didn't remember an option of domestic or German! I looked at appbiz now and I believe it's the Black plush set made of domestic fibre for 319 USD. It almost looks and feels like the stock carpets in the car. You really have to look and even feel to notice the difference.The fitting was really good and I like the carpet over the rear shelf without the RS text, it's not a RS after all!

Quick Reply: Carpet Replacement Question