Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS: 1986 944 turbo-PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 01:02 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1986 944 turbo-PA

Here's the link to my craigslist ad. Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks.

86 951
Old 08-07-2015, 03:24 PM
pudges951
Racer

Just putting up a pick for attention!!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:36 PM
pudges951
Racer

Bump, surprising I haven't had much interest in the car. Not even tire kickers.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:51 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

three different colors on the dash, no speaker grilles, cheesy steering wheel and DATED wheels. Not to hurt your feelings but...you changed colors and that's just a big no no in the P car community unless it's going to the track.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:18 AM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by Ski
three different colors on the dash, no speaker grilles, cheesy steering wheel and DATED wheels. Not to hurt your feelings but...you changed colors and that's just a big no no in the P car community unless it's going to the track.
Get a lot of compliments on the steering wheel actually, each their own I suppose. I understand the interior needs redone which is clearly stated. The whole attitude surrounding these cars is one of the reasons I'm getting away from them. You change the color and OMG you ruined the whole car. I'm most likely going to just strip it, part it, and scrap the shell. I am getting a lot of interest lately from other sources. I figured as crappy as RL has gotten in the last few years I wouldn't get any here.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by pudges951
Get a lot of compliments on the steering wheel actually, each their own I suppose. I understand the interior needs redone which is clearly stated. The whole attitude surrounding these cars is one of the reasons I'm getting away from them. You change the color and OMG you ruined the whole car. I'm most likely going to just strip it, part it, and scrap the shell. I am getting a lot of interest lately from other sources. I figured as crappy as RL has gotten in the last few years I wouldn't get any here.
woah dude, calm down a little. he just basically gave you a little bit hotter version of what ive been thinking about replying since you first posted. color change kills the car, sorry if that upsets you. my theory is its not so much the color change from stock, its that the cars are complicated enough that no one does the job right. ..ie the different color engine bay. if your color change was done so well that no one could tell it happened i doubt it would be such a big deal. honestly if you could put the car back to stock and sell the vitesse stuff for a couple grand and the wheels for $900 if they're bbs, i bet your car would sell quickly asking $4900 without that stuff. sorry if you find this offensive. it's totally cool to build a car that you and no one else is interested in, it's another thing to try to get a ton of money for it selling it.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:05 PM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
woah dude, calm down a little. he just basically gave you a little bit hotter version of what ive been thinking about replying since you first posted. color change kills the car, sorry if that upsets you. my theory is its not so much the color change from stock, its that the cars are complicated enough that no one does the job right. ..ie the different color engine bay. if your color change was done so well that no one could tell it happened i doubt it would be such a big deal. honestly if you could put the car back to stock and sell the vitesse stuff for a couple grand and the wheels for $900 if they're bbs, i bet your car would sell quickly asking $4900 without that stuff. sorry if you find this offensive. it's totally cool to build a car that you and no one else is interested in, it's another thing to try to get a ton of money for it selling it.
I'm calm, there is just a snotty air about this site in this last few years. When I get back from vacation I am going to pull the vitesse stuff and all the parts that actually make the car better. I'm sure I'll have no problem selling those. The factory color was such a ****ty color even without the engine bay painted it still looks 100 times better. It was not worth it to pull the engine and color match the engine bay as well. I don't think I'm going to spend the money to return to stock, I don't have any of the stock parts, it'll be easier just to part it out and I'll make a little more doing it that way.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

if you get MORE than 8k out of that car in parts in less than 6 months turnover time ill be completely shocked.
if you get more than 5k out of it after subtracting your real jobs hourly pay equilivent for taking the car apart, shipping, answering emails etc ill be similarly shocked.

Originally Posted by pudges951
I'm calm, there is just a snotty air about this site in this last few years. When I get back from vacation I am going to pull the vitesse stuff and all the parts that actually make the car better. I'm sure I'll have no problem selling those. The factory color was such a ****ty color even without the engine bay painted it still looks 100 times better. It was not worth it to pull the engine and color match the engine bay as well. I don't think I'm going to spend the money to return to stock, I don't have any of the stock parts, it'll be easier just to part it out and I'll make a little more doing it that way.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Your location may not help. Try posting it to SF and LA craigslist, as there are pretty slim pick'ns around these parts. Not sure it's an $8k car even here though, considering the high-ish miles and all the various issues mentioned in the ad (cracked dash, oil leak, sunroof inop, no p/s/, needs carpet, interior shabby overall, etc.). The new paint is probably a net plus even with the color change, if it looked terrible before. It would be an easier sell with nice paint in the original color, sure, but you have to be realistic about the overall condition as well.

You might also soften the language at the end of the ad. Whenever I read an ad that says no low-ballers, no tire-kickers, no rides without cash in hand, etc. it makes me think the seller may be difficult to deal with and/or has unrealistic expectations -- and so I generally stay away.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:28 PM
pudges951
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Your location may not help. Try posting it to SF and LA craigslist, as there are pretty slim pick'ns around these parts. Not sure it's an $8k car even here though, considering the high-ish miles and all the various issues mentioned in the ad (cracked dash, oil leak, sunroof inop, no p/s/, needs carpet, interior shabby overall, etc.). The new paint is probably a net plus even with the color change, if it looked terrible before. It would be an easier sell with nice paint in the original color, sure, but you have to be realistic about the overall condition as well.

You might also soften the language at the end of the ad. Whenever I read an ad that says no low-ballers, no tire-kickers, no rides without cash in hand, etc. it makes me think the seller may be difficult to deal with and/or has unrealistic expectations -- and so I generally stay away.
Thanks Tom,
Finally some constructive help. The language at the end is only specific to the CL post because of all the contacts you get that have no money or want to trade their Honda and $20. I have a Cars.com ad that I've been getting more interest from.

Quick Reply: FS: 1986 944 turbo-PA