Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid-State DME Relay- Beta Testers Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftech9
What ever chip is in the core you send would be reused. The 28pin Rouge Tuning chip is just the one out of my 951. I might be able to offer a stock program on new 28pin EEPROM as an upgrade?
Considering many here like to so light upgrades then convert to stock before sale I would say that function and options would be a seller.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:23 PM
CO951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you co-develop the ECU the Rogue was selling? I assume this is a version of it. I see a port and some switches missing, is the difference that you removed some bells and whistles but brought the price down a lot?
Old 04-29-2016, 04:50 PM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Solid-State DME Relay- Beta Testers Wanted

The Solid-State Ecu needs its own thread really.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

was able to test the fuel prime dme relay and it works perfectly. car starts up noticeably quicker too! i previously had to wait a while on cold starts because of my fuel check valve being faulty. this solves it all in one crack!thanks for an awesome product!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 386 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaOmegaPower
The Solid-State Ecu needs its own thread really.
I agree, I will try to get one started later tonight or at least by Sunday. I'm working on nice pics and a write-up now. When I have something more formal put together I will post a new thread. For now we are just talking...
Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CO951
Didn't you co-develop the ECU the Rogue was selling? I assume this is a version of it. I see a port and some switches missing, is the difference that you removed some bells and whistles but brought the price down a lot?
This was my original concept for a DME redesign way back in 2011 before I teamed up with Josh over at Rogue Tuning. Basically, I pulled out the specialized support for Rogue Tuning Products. If you are into performance and like to tune/tweak your DME, then the Rogue Tuning ECU was created for you. It has a lots of extra options and a lifetime warranty. This DME, on the other hand, is intended to be a stock direct-replacement for the BOSCH ML3.1. Its feature set, cost and warranty are all intended to go Head-to-Head with the "Repaired/Rebuild/Remanufactured" options.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Picked up the pump prime for my 968TS Project.

Thanks for supporting our cars!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 PM
DasSilberWedge
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went for my first drive in a little over 6 weeks today and installed the new DME, car starts up noticeably better, great mod for these cars
Old 04-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want another project, do a DME for the '84-89 911 3.2L! Seems to be more prone than the 944 to issues due to its placement under the drivers seat on the floor board. A pretty solid market for them also i think. Many owners on Pelican would be interested i think. The DME relay for the 911 would be a great one also.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Or a replacement for the 944 Turbo TPS!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Default DME Thread Started

I started a new thread for the DME computer:

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...velopment.html
Old 05-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
If you want another project, do a DME for the '84-89 911 3.2L! Seems to be more prone than the 944 to issues due to its placement under the drivers seat on the floor board. A pretty solid market for them also i think. Many owners on Pelican would be interested i think. The DME relay for the 911 would be a great one also.
I think the 911 DME may have more issues because it uses an antiquated switching power supply for its +5V rail. The way they have it implemented adds a significant amount of complexity over the simple linear regulator found in the 944. It also generates more heat on the injector driver due the load of the extra two injectors (hence the low-heat switching power supply). The good news is that I am indeed going to release a new DME for the 911 as well. I just need to find a guy local to me who will let me plug it into his car and run a series of validation tests. Before I focus on that, I will release a Solid-State Relay for the 3.2L 911. I just received the sockets I need for my test bench, shouldn't be more that three weeks out for the first production units. But again, I need a 911 to test it on for verification/validation.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Fveeckho
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Ftech9,

Do you also sell these solid state DME relays to people outside the US?
I'm from Belgium, and I would be interested in buying one in the near future...but I don't know what the shipping costs would be and if you are willing to ship it to Europe

Kind regards,
Frederik
Old 05-03-2016, 04:36 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

***I hate how on my phone rennlist adds a "related threads" thing under the thread your reading. I always seem to post to the wrong thread. This was supposed to go here, not in the 964 thread****

This community never ceases to amaze me. Part NLA? No problem. If it's rubber or plastic, the 3D printing guys will print it. If it's electronic, someone will build it. If it mechanical, like TT bearings, someone will improve it.

I ordered the relay, not because I need it, mine was fine, but as a show of support for the guy who took the time to make it. I ordered 3D printed parts for the same reason. When the time comes, I'll do the upgraded TT bearings, not because I need them, but because I want to support the making of them.

When someone takes the time to make something needed, or improve on 30 year old tech, I jump on it. Plus the community has something Porsche didn't. 30 years of road experience. You can't beat real world experence to tell you what works, what doesn't, and how it can be improved.

I can't say how excited I am for the community that brand new DMEs are going to be a thing. I just hope we can keep you in business for the long haul. My fear is, demand over the long term won't support all these new innovations. I hope I'm wrong, and in 30 years there are still guys willing to go out of their way to support these cars!

I'm sure the next big thing will be turbo TPSs. There is a void, someone will jump in to fill it I'm sure. And improve it along the way, based on why they fail
Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fveeckho
Hello Ftech9,

Do you also sell these solid state DME relays to people outside the US?
I'm from Belgium, and I would be interested in buying one in the near future...but I don't know what the shipping costs would be and if you are willing to ship it to Europe

Kind regards,
Frederik
Hi Frederik
Being on a little Island in the pacific(Australia)I had same issue, so I used a freight forwarding site called myUS.com. They are not cheap but do a good job of making sure your item gets to you in perfect condition. I have used them a few times and been able to buy items that are only for sale in USA.
No affiliation but apart from cost, I can say they do a great job and get around sites that don't have international sale options.

Quick Reply: Solid-State DME Relay- Beta Testers Wanted