Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instant oven

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 10:57 AM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Instant oven

Also listed on PP:
While road testing the car yesterday, car went to instant HOT. I put a two foot piece of vacuum line on the heater shutoff valve and sucked on the vacuum line. This is actually a quick diagnostic procedure. The valve operated normally and the vacuum line I used held it's suction, so that ruled out the diaphragm on the shut-off valve.

Since I have a later model car, there's a cover that shields the linkage on the driver's side from view. I can see two screws and wondered if anyone had pulled off this cover and how many screws there are. I want to inspect the linkage for the busted plastic clip. Supposedly my car has two links and would appreciate any pics of this version of the heater control.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Jorgen944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heat shut off valve is vacuum run eh? my vac lines were all destroyed by the previous owner but my car also leak hot air in the cabin like crazy, hopefully the vac line kit I bought will fix me right up.

No use to you but thanks for posting this and making me see where my issue may be.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorgen944
Heat shut off valve is vacuum run eh? my vac lines were all destroyed by the previous owner but my car also leak hot air in the cabin like crazy, hopefully the vac line kit I bought will fix me right up.

No use to you but thanks for posting this and making me see where my issue may be.
Sounds like your heat issue will go away after you replace all the vacuum lines. Putting a vacuum line on the shutoff valve and sucking on it, you should see the valve arm moving if the valve's ok. Real easy.

Quick Reply: Instant oven