Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay Shift boot

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennbay Shift boot

Anyone ever have this problem before?

The kit item they have listed http://www.rennbay.com/porsche-944-l...-kit-p-76.html

Turns out is only a leather shift boot. Lesson learned, i won't ever think that again, and i will never not read the fine print, ever again. Deceiving picture, mis titled item, completely my fault for not reading the fine print.

Last edited by Banshee; 04-06-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

idk what you were expecting...they never said it came with the plastic..
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

You're the exception thinking this... quite honestly, you're out on an island all by yourself.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
catamax944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What happend to your old plastic piece? I got the same boot from them and although the leather is really nice i was wondering the same thing you are,i thought it also comes with the ****.Then i gave the site another look and besides being intitled as a kit it does not mention anything else other than the shift boot.In the end i'm very happy with it,imho the price is right and because i did not have the right **** i used it on the old style **** ,it came out great,much better than i ever hopped for,i like it more than the late style ****.Thanks Rennbay! Anyway i do think that they should fix that listing before they get bad reviews because of a misunderstanding.
Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Banshee
Instructor

dk what you were expecting...they never said it came with the plastic.
Probably because after looking at the picture, why would i not expect that it comes with everything shown? If you have multiple discrepancies in a picture and your calling it a KIT, then i don't see how you couldn't find that misleading. Maybe im just too smart for my own good.

Catamax, they didn't even give me a **** (not that thats what i needed) but i literally got just a leather boot with nothing else...not the kind of shift boot kit that i was looking for. There is keywording that i keep mentioning, i hope everyone is reading it correctly. KIT
Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
elzergone
Pro

Well, when I bought mine, I figured I was just buying the leather boot, and that's what I got. I think maybe You're expecting a lot considering how great the price is...

It says right on the page "(Cap and internal **** not included)"
Old 04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 75ohm
You're the exception thinking this... quite honestly, you're out on an island all by yourself.
+a million
Old 04-03-2010, 09:14 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Banshee
Catamax, they didn't even give me a **** (not that thats what i needed) but i literally got just a leather boot with nothing else...not the kind of shift boot kit that i was looking for. There is keywording that i keep mentioning, i hope everyone is reading it correctly. KIT
every shift boot "kit" ive seen was a new leather boot intended to replace a worn shift boot so you do not have to order a boot directly from porsche. maybe this was not the type of boot you were looking for. There is keywording that i keep mentioning, i hope everyone is reading it correctly. BOOT

Anyone ever have this problem before? IMO Rennbay is a joke .
in my experience, Rennbay has been a valuable asset to the 944 community and a pleasure to do business with. i cant say enough good things about my wilwood brake kit and ecode kit. they are both great, professional products that were VERY easy to install and perform wonderfully. after having both of them i dont think i could own a 944/924s without them. if it were not for travis at rennbay, neither of thesee two products would exist. i hope to get one of thier fuel line kits soon as well.

THANKS TRAVIS!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
in my experience, Rennbay has been a valuable asset to the 944 community and a pleasure to do business with. i cant say enough good things about my wilwood brake kit and ecode kit. they are both great, professional products that were VERY easy to install and perform wonderfully. after having both of them i dont think i could own a 944/924s without them. if it were not for travis at rennbay, neither of thesee two products would exist. i hope to get one of thier fuel line kits soon as well.

THANKS TRAVIS!!!
+1, I can't say enough about Travis and Rennbay!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:48 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love my new Rennbay shift boot. It's just as advertised. Fits right.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Banshee
Instructor

It says right on the page "(Cap and internal **** not included)"
Well ill be damned lol, you are right elzergone, funny how i was looking for any trace of that and i happened to just not see the fine print and very fine print at that right under the page. Sorry guys, didn't see that part. That is my bad.

As for the picture, please take a picture of what you get and take off the plastic rim and cap. Thats all i ask. For blind people like me, it will help quite a bit and probably save them from dumping 50 bucks down the drain.

The reason why i am so flustered about this, is because i am also 80 bucks out the window so far now on shift boots, just because of circumstances. I was mislead from Rennbay, and earlier i paid another 30 to a friend of mine which didn't help much at all...because at this point 50 dollars later im still in the same situation. No shift cap, and my plastic ring broke, to those that are wondering.

SO...what should i do? Anyone wanna sell me their stuffz? Damn, that will probably put me over 100 dollars on a damn shift boot now. Anyone wanna buy the one that i just got?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well ill be damned lol, you are right elzergone, funny how i was looking for any trace of that and i happened to just not see the fine print and very fine print at that right under the page. Sorry guys, didn't see that part. That is my bad.

As for the picture, please take a picture of what you get and take off the plastic rim and cap. Thats all i ask. For blind people like me, it will help quite a bit and probably save them from dumping 50 bucks down the drain.

The reason why i am so flustered about this, is because i am also 80 bucks out the window so far now on shift boots, just because of circumstances. I was mislead from Rennbay, and earlier i paid another 30 to a friend of mine which didn't help much at all...because at this point 50 dollars later im still in the same situation. No shift cap, and my plastic ring broke, to those that are wondering.

SO...what should i do? Anyone wanna sell me their stuffz? Damn, that will probably put me over 100 dollars on a damn shift boot now. Anyone wanna buy the one that i just got?

Oh and btw. There are three Porsche's in the Chico Pick N Pull right now. One early 944, a 77 924, and a 80's 931. I saw the 944 today and it has the little cap you are talking about. Seems to be in pretty awesome shape. Go check it out.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Banshee
Instructor

Oh and btw. There are three Porsche's in the Chico Pick N Pull right now. One early 944, a 77 924, and a 80's 931. I saw the 944 today and it has the little cap you are talking about. Seems to be in pretty awesome shape. Go check it out.
Dude thanks alot man . Ive been meaning to check that out, that was going to be my next step, but ive been working up in Magalia for the past 3 days and have been really busy. Thanks for the heads up man.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude thanks alot man . Ive been meaning to check that out, that was going to be my next step, but ive been working up in Magalia for the past 3 days and have been really busy. Thanks for the heads up man.
Lol. No worries. And to anyone else out there, I think this 944 might have a LSD transmission. Not positive... Lol. What's the deal with testing these things?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Travis' stuff rocks. That's all I have to say really.

Quick Reply: Rennbay Shift boot