Dual Exhaust on a 88 Carrera 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by skywagonboy
Hey Guys,

I finally got under the car. Your suspicions are exactly correctly. Obvious one of the early owners decided it was "cool" to have a dual exhaust. They welded another pipe onto the exhaust system just to make it look like a dual. So silly. People do the strangest things!

Mark
Makes sense now! You buying it?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

Hey Guys,

I finally got under the car. Your suspicions are exactly correctly. Obvious one of the early owners decided it was "cool" to have a dual exhaust. They welded another pipe onto the exhaust system just to make it look like a dual. So silly. People do the strangest things!

Mark
thought so ...

did they hack up he rear valance too so it would have a spot to stick out ?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
skywagonboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning to buy it. Body was great. Big issue was that the engine needs a reseal in several places. PPI didn't go so well. Mechanic told me $10K - $12K to drop the engine and reseal and rebuild tranny. I took a pass on the machine. The hunt continues.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Derek911
Racer

If an exhaust pipe had you stumped I suggest you get some books and read up on these cars. While you are looking, get some of the popular books and start reading. You will learn a lot and make you a better buyer. You will know what you are looking at.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:39 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

I was planning to buy it. Body was great. Big issue was that the engine needs a reseal in several places. PPI didn't go so well. Mechanic told me $10K - $12K to drop the engine and reseal and rebuild tranny. I took a pass on the machine. The hunt continues.
thats too bad .. im doing that exact job on my car right now . Its about 2-3 grand to do yourself if only resealing and fixing tranny. about a 1.5 to do the dog teeth and synchros if thats all it is and about 1.5 for full reseal kit.

The rest is Just your own labour.

Of course not including the while you are in thee stuff woth about 10 G
Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Jonathon Rolstin
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Clive didn't realize you are doing your gearbox too, right on. I just did mine last winter. If you need anything for gearbox let me know

JR
Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 PM
hoppah
Advanced

Hey Guys,

Mark
They should have realized that, to be full-on "FAST N FURIOUS" you have to have not only dual exhaust tips (doesn't matter if they actually *function*), but those tips have to be at least 4" in diameter.

H.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:32 PM
skywagonboy
Advanced

I wish I had the time and flatsix knowledge to do it myself. I am ***** deep in trying to get a Flathead V8 installed back into my 51 ford pick-up. Anyone know anything about connecting old V8 flywheels with torque converters in a C4 Tranny! :-)

One day I will start to venture into ripping apart flatsixes.

Oh and if anyone sees a nice 3.2 with G50 let me know. I am looking to buy.

Mark

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust on a 88 Carrera 3.2