Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Nitto Motivos - 991.1 CS2

Old 06-08-2017, 09:29 PM
fluxwrap
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Nitto Motivos - 991.1 CS2

Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster. A few weeks ago I ran over a bold that was large enough to destroy one of my rear tires. Weary of buying Pirellies every 10k miles and a bit pissed about having to replace a fairly new set of them, I decided to buy a much cheaper pair of Nitto Motivoes. Bought the stock summer tire size: 295/30ZR20. I'm running the car close to "normal" tire pressures (not "comfort" pressure): 38 rear / 31 front, cold. The rear of the car definitely doesn't have the kind of grip I'm accustomed to. In fact, just taking curves, offramps, and onramps at ordinary speeds with warm tires (read: extra-legal but not excessive) often causes the traction control to kick in! I rarely feel this at the track, and possibly never have on the street unless provoking it.

Thoughts? Pressure too high for these tires? Too low? Are they just ****ty on a 911? I expected a degradation in performance with the Nittos, but this seems extreme. Nannies should not be kicking in to save me through a sweeper at 50mph!

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Nitto Motivos - 991.1 CS2