Sponsored by:

GT3 "like" wheels needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:25 AM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 "like" wheels needed

OK so I'm crazy about the 15/16/17' GT3 wheels but have a 2015 991-GTS with center locks. Anyone make a GT3 like wheel but with the correct offset for the GTS? Also, I would be interested in pushing the width to really fill the wheel wells. I've seen a couple that are loosely similar but do not have the impact of the deep curved blade spokes on the current GT3 wheel. Options?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Old 04-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Whosdady
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MHarris
OK so I'm crazy about the 15/16/17' GT3 wheels but have a 2015 991-GTS with center locks. Anyone make a GT3 like wheel but with the correct offset for the GTS? Also, I would be interested in pushing the width to really fill the wheel wells. I've seen a couple that are loosely similar but do not have the impact of the deep curved blade spokes on the current GT3 wheel. Options?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
I'm not sure what the offsets are on the 991 GTS? I'm assuming you are looking for an in between offset? (Probably in the mid to low 50's) I purchased some GT3 center lock wheels for my turbo S and found out they were the wrong offset. I'm now looking for some RS version center lock GT3 wheels.

Needless to say, I have a set of "like new" narrow body wheels designed for a 997.2 GT3 911. Please don't make the same mistake I did. My favorites are GMG and Forgeline if you are looking for additional options besides oem.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 PM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information. Do let me know what you find. The GTS has the exact offset and shares wheels as the 991-turbo.

Quick Reply: GT3 "like" wheels needed