Sponsored by:

cheap tires for garage queen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 PM
cayman_lover
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cheap tires for garage queen?

Hey all, what do you think of Naking Noble Sport tires for a garage queen that's only driven in sunny warm weather, only driven leisurely to car shows, get-togethers, lunches, etc on weekends with nice weather. The car will never be taken to the track or driven on canyon runs, only local roads and freeways in perfect weather condition.

Having said that, since the car will sit 90-95% of the time, I didn't want to spend too much money on top of the line tires for the car that will be idle most of the time. Because the car has a custom 18 x 8 and 19 x 11 set up, it's incredibly hard to find a matching set of tires for the wheels. The only "budget" set of tires I found was the Nanking Noble Sport NS-20 tires.

Do you guys think this will be okay for the intended purpose?

For vigorous driving I have another racer car with Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires, so this car will only be a garage queen for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Ryan...
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cheap set of Sumitomo htr z iii on my OEM 17" 911 wheels.

Do they grip as well as your higher end Michelins, Continental, etc? No.

However, they perform just fine on normal roads, in the rain, and I have brought them on a couple fast paced cruises with other Porsches and BMWs and had 0 issues. Know your limits, know your tire limits, and use them accordingly

Quick Reply: cheap tires for garage queen?