Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need assistance

Old 09-17-2015, 08:04 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

Default need assistance

I've been running the following sizes on my 928 for years... I need to replace them with very very very close sizes as body modifications were made and custom wheels were made.

Front: 265 35 18
Rear: 335 30 18

Front wheels are 18x9
Rear Wheels are 18x12

I currently have KDW's

When I had these wheels made there were dozens of combos for street tires and now there are none? WTH?

What I have fits and the clearances are very close.

I need the rolling diameter to be as close as possible so it won't affect antilock brakes.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Addict
Rennlist Member

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=18&zip-code=

Not a ton of choices but the P zero should work OK.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:38 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=18&zip-code=

Not a ton of choices but the P zero should work OK.
Interesting.. they were not available for the last week..
Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

and they still don't have the rolling diameter for the 335's... I need that info to make sure the antilock brakes won't fault and not work....
Old 09-18-2015, 10:03 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

So I spent some time to day talking to someone at the tirerack about tire sizes and what is available. For my sizes if something is not available and they don't have a solid delivery date they won't turn up in the search... some oddball sizes like my 335's even though it is a stock viper size manufacturers only make limited runs a few times per year so you have to be in the know to get them. which is a pain... especially if you have a tire failure or blow out.. you might end up waiting months to get a tire.... just one more thing to frustrate me... What I want to know is why doesn't the tire rack rep that monitors this thread post this kind of info? Makes me want to buy my tires for my other cars somewhere else...
Old 09-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Difool
Addict
Rennlist Member

You mean one of the other places that is posting here helping you out?

Is your antilock system much more sensitive than normal or are you just being really cautious? It shouldn't throw errors unless there is a reasonable difference. If you are replacing same-size tires from another brand the differences should be in range.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:06 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Difool View Post
You mean one of the other places that is posting here helping you out?

Is your antilock system much more sensitive than normal or are you just being really cautious? It shouldn't throw errors unless there is a reasonable difference. If you are replacing same-size tires from another brand the differences should be in range.
The current sizes do not throw any errors but I don't know the threshold and the current sizes are so far off the factory numbers I don't want to fudge the numbers any more
Old 10-03-2015, 01:31 PM
928sg
Resident 928 Modiholic
Rennlist Member

So again... doing research on tire sizes.... spent an hour on the phone with Michelin.... they have over 100 back orders for this size and no scheduled manufacture date scheduled. As much as I hate Pirelli's I may have to pony up for a whole set....

Something to think about... before buying tires, call the manufacturer and find out the next production dates to calculate how often they make the tires.... I may buy the Pirelli's and also an extra set of the rears since that seems to be a problem size... Grr...... 2 sets of rear tires and a set of fronts... I've purchased cars in that price range....

Oh, and I HATE PIRELLI TIRES ! This bites !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need assistance

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: