Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Wheel and Tire Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum-74/)
-   -   Michelin Pilot Super Sport - Production Stop? (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum/876974-michelin-pilot-super-sport-production-stop.html)

Seamless 06-03-2015 05:41 PM

Michelin Pilot Super Sport - Production Stop?

After weeks of researching, reading reviews, posts, etc I had decided on buying a set of PSS for my 993 C4S. As they were not made in the factory sizes (225/40, 285/30), through research I decided to go with 235/40, 275/35.

I have called 3 reputable Canadian Michelin distributors and they all tell me that there is limited to no stock and Michelin has no date to re-supply. There is very limited supply in the USA.

Any info?

The other thing is that I wouldn't want to buy a set of tires that could not be replaced in the near future (puncture, wear, etc).

CosmosMpower 06-03-2015 06:12 PM

Probably just temporary, I doubt they are discontinuing the MPSS. It's a very popular tire and is even a factory tire for some new cars (BMW M3 etc).

You'll love them. Super quiet, awesome in the wet, good dry traction, last pretty long for a grippy tire.

wildwill 06-03-2015 06:22 PM

Go to your Porsche dealer. They will likely have what you need or can source it. I ran into this problem in California and I learned the dealers have first pick from Michelin and are hoarding whatever tires are produced.

brad@tirerack.com 06-03-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by wildwill (Post 12332167)
Go to your Porsche dealer. They will likely have what you need or can source it. I ran into this problem in California and I learned the dealers have first pick from Michelin and are hoarding whatever tires are produced.

Usually N spec production will go to a dealer first. Non N spec tires are free to be sold in the retail market as they are produced and distributed.

We are waiting on production on many sizes of the SS at this time. Michelin is in a lull in production (they have not told us why), but are not discontinuing in most sizes. I have MANY waiting on them to resume production, and we are hoping they do so soon.

It's an extremely popular tire, so I would not be concerned that they are discontinuing.

If you would like to be put on the waiting list for the next shipment into the country, please contact me.

Seamless 06-04-2015 10:27 AM

Thanks all!

Damon, I will let you know within the next week regarding the waiting list. The Canadian dollar and fees can make cross-border purchases hard to justify these days.

Thanks,

brad@tirerack.com 09-17-2015 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Seamless (Post 12333614)
Thanks all!

Damon, I will let you know within the next week regarding the waiting list. The Canadian dollar and fees can make cross-border purchases hard to justify these days.

Thanks,

No kidding. 1.3 is NOT good!