Sponsored by:

refinishing wheels, inside rim color

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:26 AM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default refinishing wheels, inside rim color

I am in the process of refinishing my 993 twist wheels and want to repaint the inside of the rim as well. The original color appears to be some sort of off white (I see the same on my set of Cup IIs ), wondering if anyone has done this and can recommend what I can use as a paint. I am looking for something in a rattle can

Thanks, Frank
Old 11-03-2014, 01:56 AM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

although the inner wheel is not too noticeable, i think you would be disappointed with the finish from a rattle can. you might be surprised of the low investment to have the wheels professionally painted completed including the inner wheel. i'm confident you'll be much happier with it...

you also may inquire 'bout powder coating the wheels. although i've heard pros and cons 'bout it, i'm hoping others here will chime in and provide their opinions/suggestions.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:47 AM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Thanks Ric, I have actually refinished a few wheels myself already and am happy with the results. I have looked into powdercoating in the past but I have decided that that is not the route I want to take

Frank
Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Wheel refinishing is an art, it takes plenty of know-how and practice to get it right. The color throughout the wheel is the same, sometimes people think it may be different since the color is on the inside thus causing some color differences due to lighting reduction and wear.

Hard-baked finishing is probably the safest as it is a controlled heated finish.

Let me know if you have any questions specifically, here are some images of finished work.
Attached Images      
Old 11-15-2014, 12:44 PM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Wheel refinishing is an art, it takes plenty of know-how and practice to get it right. The color throughout the wheel is the same, sometimes people think it may be different since the color is on the inside thus causing some color differences due to lighting reduction and wear.

Hard-baked finishing is probably the safest as it is a controlled heated finish.

Let me know if you have any questions specifically, here are some images of finished work.
Thanks, interestingly I originally posted after I had only cleaned up two of the four wheels and on the next two it is much more evident that as you say the color is the same.

Regards, Frank

Quick Reply: refinishing wheels, inside rim color