Sponsored by:

18" Turbo Twist wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:45 PM
wilhelm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" Turbo Twist wheels??

I bought some used 18" Turbo Twists, how can I tell they are Porsche Twists or replica's? Also is it normal that the twists are in opposite directions on opposite sides of the car? On the drivers side they twist front to back but on the passenger side they twist back to front. Hopefully that makes sense to someone.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:30 AM
SLVR
Pro

Yes, they are all the same on a given car which means the twist point in opposite directions when comparing one side of the dar to the other. I think only the Corvette came with left and right hand side wheels at some time.

As to originality, I'd check if the Porsche part number is on the inside. If there is one, I'd guess they were the real thing.

Your next question will be: Are they hollow spoke or TT style? If the spokes are smooth on the back they are TT wheels, if there are two channels on each spoke they ate TT style.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:54 AM
wilhelm
Advanced

Thanks, I'll pull one off tonight to look for a part number. I already know they aren't hollow spoke wheels, but I wondered when I felt how heavy they were if they were OEM or replicas.

Quick Reply: 18" Turbo Twist wheels??