Sponsored by:

Front versus rear hot tire pressures

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM
16Dracer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front versus rear hot tire pressures

I need some help analyzing my hot tire pressures on my car. I just got back from the COTA PCA race where I was starting all four tires at 28 psi on my Hoosiers, mounted to a stock 911SC. BIG difference in hot front pressures (34.5 psi) and rear pressures (39 psi). I've studied about all I can about set-up, and have carefully followed suspension recommendations. But, someone must know why I'm getting so much more heat in the rears, and what I can adjust. Hoosier recommends a minimum safe cold pressure for my car of about 27.5 psi (car weight divided by 100), so I'm reluctant to just start at 25 in the rears. Haven't done the pyrometer thing yet, have one but haven't been to a race yet where I could get someone to help me with it. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The rears are carrying 60 percent of the weight of the car, and are doing considerably more work than the fronts. I start my Hoosiers on the GT3 (3050 pounds) at 26 rear/28 front and then bleed off air as they heat up and run 34 to 35 front and rear.

Quick Reply: Front versus rear hot tire pressures