Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with 19 inch wheels on a 996?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 02:58 PM
santicua
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone with 19 inch wheels on a 996?

I'm about to purchase a set of 19's for my 996 C2. I've talked to a lot of shops and some tell me to go with 19x8.5 F 19x10.5 R and some tell me that I can put 19x9's and 19x11's. I just want to make sure that the wheels/tires dont rub. Last thing I want to do is spend a ton of money and then having to deal with rubbing. Anyways, if anyone has 19in wheels out there could you please let me know what tire brand and sizes you are using. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Renato
Instructor

I've got 19" Champion 3-piece on my 996 Cab. The widths are 8" front and 10" rear. When I was looking into new wheels, I inquired about the Turbo II wheel, the ones that are on C4Ss, and my dealer told me they wouldn't fit b/c the rears are 11" wide. So as for 11"s in the rear, I would have to believe what my dealer said and not chance it.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Rapsta
6th Gear

RD Sport series 4 19" on a 996 C2
245 35 19 front, Pirelli P Zero
275 30 19 rear Pirelli P Zero Rosso

These are bolt ons correct offset etc so it is the easiest modification.

The front wheels do get a bit of guard rub when reversing and turning otherwise no probs.

Ride is a bit stiffer but cornering is much better.
I changed from 17" and now charge into the same corners I felt hesitant about.
(I have done the Porsche drivers course so am pretty comfortable with the cars)

I'd prefer to have 235's on the front as I feel the extra width is not really necessary and the car tracks a bit on certain surfaces.
But they aren't easy to get.
Even with the width on the front the extra grip of the rossos on the back can still shove the car across the road at slow speed turns. But a bit extra urge fixes that and the drifts are pretty spectacular but easily handled.

I didn't lower the ride height as this is my daily driver and city streets can be a bit of a pain. It would look a bit better if I did though.
About 20 mm would be spot on.

Quick Reply: Anyone with 19 inch wheels on a 996?