Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Wheel and Tire Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum-74/)
-   -   Need S03s by middle of the week - where can I go? (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum/68859-need-s03s-by-middle-of-the-week-where-can-i-go.html)

Rick 04-21-2002 10:36 PM

Need S03s by middle of the week - where can I go?

I'm in a pickle - I need to get new tires on my 993 and was planning on putting on S03s (Front:225/40YR18, Rear:265/35YR18).
Unfortunately, Tire Rack will not have the fronts in until April 30.
Does anyone know where I might be able to locate the tires quicker?
Thanks much.

Tom Pultz 04-25-2002 08:09 PM

Rick, I'm in the same boat. Did you find any 225/40-18 S-03s? I just tried to place an order from Tirerack and was going to live with the 5/02/02 delivery date noted but after I placed the order they called and said the fronts would not be available until probably the middle of June! What the heck is going on here. Did Tirerack drop the ball and not order enough or is Bridgestone at fault. If you found some let me know... cause I'm not gettin' anything else :)

Rick 04-25-2002 09:43 PM

Tom,
I actually did get my tires from Tirerack. My fronts are already here and the rears are on their way - should be either tomorrow or Monday because they had to be shipped from Nevada.
The story I got from them (& another retailer) is that Bridgestone is having some production delays that are affecting deliveries.
Best of luck to you.

Rick.

Tom Pultz 04-26-2002 02:35 AM

This makes no sense to me. How can the rears be coming from Nevada when I checked the website today and it says they are out of stock in Nevada and have to come from Indiana. I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to speak with a supervisor and see about getting some tires. They must have a small supply stashed away if you were able to get some.

Rick 04-26-2002 09:09 AM

Tom,
My order was entered on on April 23 if that helps at all.
Good luck.

Tom Pultz 04-26-2002 01:27 PM

Just spoke with Tirerack. You must have some magic pull to have gotten the front tires because they said they only had 13 in stock and they were all committed to other customers who had ordered some time ago. This salesman did confirm the tires have been received by the trucking company and will be availble by next Friday. This is in total conflict with what the previous salesman told me, but it does mesh with the web information. Hope you enjoy yours.

laszlo 04-26-2002 03:48 PM

I just orderd my new wheels and tires from wheel enhancement i got my so3's with no problem try them out.

Tom Pultz 04-26-2002 07:53 PM

I was going to call Wheel Enhancement but figured they'd charge too much. I'm paying $178 for the 225/40s and $239 for the 265/35s. With any luck the fronts will ship next week. The rears are going out today.